Reason a society doesn't allow 13/14 yo girls to mingle with 18 yo boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 yo charged with murder......

This is NOT a SAX post. It's about societal taboos and the reasons for them.

It just a dangerous combination. Females have too much sway over males. The immaturity level quotient is way too out of whack. It's difficult to describe - but the "couple" may even (and often do) think their decisions are 100% sane and rational.

My daughter was, 12 (13 now), was starting to hang with the 17 (almost 18) ADHD boy next door at our previous residence - they didn't get it. My daughter would say things like - "he is so easy to talk to", "he is at my level"........eh er....he shouldn't be!

I am sure this wasn't a problem in the days of early man, but the law about 18 year olds mingling with minors has a purpose. Parents shouldn't rely on the law. I'm sure these parents were trying to get a grip, but now they are dead.

Teenagers are whackos. We were all there at one time and some of use never left (but thats another story). Pablo, you have my sympathy. Good luck.
cheers.gif

Phew I need to calm down. Luckily we moved - my daughter does now finally sees how it just wouldn't have worked. In fact she says that boy was so immature........for an 18 year old.
shocked.gif

I like the Japanese way. Young girl marry millionaire 50 year old CEO. J/K.

Anyways, you're daughter sound like shes very mature. I think she should do some Brutal martial arts like Taekwondo or Muay Thai.. that would be cool.. nobody would mess with her..... man oh man.. i remember I sparred with this 15 year old girl (I was 19 back then) when i was in Muay Thai. Her shin hit my head so hard, i almost knocked out and I was actually scared of her..... geez.

Actually the Japanese way seems to be young girls go on dates with wealthy middle aged businessmen, have sex, get money, think they're princesses, then grow older and get bitter.

Your lucky you and your daughter don't live in Spain
smile.gif

Here are some "mingling" laws from Europe:
Spain: 12 yrs
Sweden: 15 yrs
Denmark: 15 yrs
Norway: 16 yrs
Island: 14 yrs
Finland: 16 yrs
Irland: 17 yrs
England: 16 yrs
Malta: 18 yrs
Greece: 15 yrs

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, because I am only 27, not yet married, and have no kids.

I think every father is over protecting his daughter due to the risk and danger involved. On the other hand, if you have good influence on your daugher, provide a healthy and safe family, and try to get her good influence (church, girl scout, good school, support her in afterschool activity like sport, study club, etc) then she should know how to take care of herself, by either postpone dating or at least find a nice boy to date (around the same age, good student, good moral, good behavior, etc).

If you surround your kids with good influence, you wouldn't need to tell them what to do and they will do the right things.

quote:

If you surround your kids with good influence, you wouldn't need to tell them what to do and they will do the right things.

Panda, are you trying to be a comedian? You're statement gave me the biggest laugh of the week yet!

But, you are correct regarding the grain of salt thing. No offense intended, but it just doesn't work that (your) way.

Pandabear wrote:
quote:

I think every father is over protecting his daughter due to the risk and danger involved.

Almost certainly so. There is more chance of the child having a heart attack than getting abducted. But, fathers are going to worry because that's their job
blush.gif

If an 18yr old guy was messing around with my 13yr old daughter...........he is gonna get his head busted. Luckily.....I only have 2 boys. If one of my boys makes it to 18 and starts messing around with a 13yr old girl..........he is gonna get his head busted......by me or the girls father, if he wishes to do the honor.

An old women was asked what was easier to raise girls or boys. She replied, "Boys are, with boys you only have one ***** to worry about, with girls you have to worry about every ***** in town."

Panda Bear I disagree...

Girl Scouts, After school activity, study groups.. are only going to make her more girly girl and sensitive.. If one day I have a daughter.. she is goign to do Muay Thai, Taekwondo, maybe Judo too. and I will punish her Korean style. If my daught disrespects people.. she will get the whoopin'.

Pablo,
wandering around this town, and seeing the scum that is floating around, I'm not looking forward to my little girl hitting 10, let alone becoming a teenager.

I need a rocking chair, a shotgun, and a lot of Hoppes #9....oh, and a front porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back