REAR SHOCKS

neighbor needed help replacing the rear shocks on his 2018 Dodge Grand Caravan. The old ones would collapse but would not extend back out. Are they bad?

can't tell from here. but Rockauto lists two affordable shocks that fail to mention gas-charging.
Whereas all the other options DO mention a gas-charge being included in the shock body.
Difference seems to be about another $12/shock for that 'extra'.

thanks for the replies, he replaced them with monroe sensa-trac shocks he said it's like a night and day difference

Maybe we can call that "beginner's luck".
A friend got a 2019 DGC (new-leftover) and I've been reading about them diligently.
There are enough posts about short lived rear shocks and groaning new rear shocks. I am not kidding.
Glad yours worked out.

common on the Caravans to have the rear shocks take a crap early...happened on mine, too New shocks completely changed the ride.

Thanks for moving this post the the right place, I looked but didn't see this area

Our 2015 Grand Caravan has 99k miles and the shocks are just starting to feel a bit tired.

That's terrible. Any good shock should easily last 100k/10yrs.
I've never gotten over 50K on a van, SUV, or truck which hauled anything, before replacement made a noticeable difference. There's lots of hills and curves here, maybe that accounts for increased wear rate as well as wear perception, but only 7700 miles is ridiculous.

Back