Rear main seal replacement

Considering all of the new rubber seals you’ve put in, I would add seal sweller to it; I’d fix it or live with it. TL is a nice car, the follow-on to the legend.

How much oil are you losing over an OCI? If you can live with it, try to. Have you tried something like maxlife to see if it decreases the leak?

I decided to have the rear main seal replaced and will be dropping the car off on Monday. When I bought the car I did a 3X drain and fill with the transmission. I had to remove the splash shield below the trans to remove the drain bolt. The shield had years of oil and road debris built up. I cleaned it and reinstalled it. These pics are after 1,000 miles of driving. I’m getting money back from my tax returns so I will being using that to pay for this service.

23AD2201-02DD-4672-A46A-A539D55551C9.jpeg
68A377D0-B0F5-4BC9-A2F2-BFB65F2E73F0.jpeg
DB5F7FED-4743-498A-A211-A5BDAE6290C6.jpeg

A new OEM PCV valve for my 2007 Accord V6 was quite expensive (about $50 Cdn). I replaced it anyway. Those engines are likely similar.
Wow on my 2007 Honda Accord SE it was only 14.00 at the dealer....around 10 bucks at the part store...

Wow on my 2007 Honda Accord SE it was only 14.00 at the dealer....around 10 bucks at the part store...
There are a lot of good things about living in Canada but the cost of "things" isn't one of them. There are lots of explanations/excuses but I think more profit is one of the real reasons.

Reactions: hrv
I think the AT-205 might have work. Since I thought it didn’t because of the daily oil drips on the drip pan. I kept the splash shield off after I cleaned it and not one drip of oil on the pan. So my theory is maybe just the pooled up oil on the splash shield was the cause of dripping oil. I hope the AT-205 worked?

Back