R/R PCV valve in 2011 Toyota Camry 2ARFE.

The PCV valve is hidden by intake manifold and engine bay wall/wheel well and P/S pump. I want to cut a hole through the wheel well into the engine bay to access the pcv valve but am concerned this will compromise structural integrity of the engine bay. The hole would be 2-3 inches in diameter to pull off the hose and change out the valve. Would drilling this size hole compromise engine bay structural integrity?

You might find a better way to do this by looking at Youtube videos. There has to be a service procedure that does not involve cutting holes in the vehicle. Good Luck!

There's at least one YouTube video that shows a better way. It involves lifting the car a bit, removing the passenger side front wheel, and coming in from the bottom. I thought I had the video marked as I was planning to do the same job, but I cannot find it in my files. It may be archived on a backup disk and I cannot get to it easily at least until after the weekend if not mid-week. Search YouTube, I'm sure you can find it or a similar one.

Ahh! I found it. The first is the video I planned to follow and the second is one I was reminded of after posting:

Last edited:
How many miles does this have? I had a 2011, now gone :( but it had 232kmiles when it left me--with the original PCV valve. And without any oil consumption issues.

I'd be a bit concerned about cutting holes into metal. A small hole, sure, even 3 or 4" in diam, might be ok. But I'd be more than a bit hesitant to do so! surely it's not that hard to get to otherwise?

Thanks for all replies!

Hi Skid, I am having oil consumption problems and leaking from the PCV valve area. I fixed this mostly by pouring carb cleaner down the hose that goes from the intake manifold to the PCV valve.

All the YouTube videos that show how to replace PCV valve (without removing intake manifold) of the 2AZFE are for later model years. The difference between 2011 and later models is that 2011 has hydraulic P/S and later years have electric P/S. The hydraulic P/S blocks access from underneath.

Thanks for all replies!

Hi Skid, I am having oil consumption problems and leaking from the PCV valve area. I fixed this mostly by pouring carb cleaner down the hose that goes from the intake manifold to the PCV valve.

All the YouTube videos that show how to replace PCV valve (without removing intake manifold) of the 2AZFE are for later model years. The difference between 2011 and later models is that 2011 has hydraulic P/S and later years have electric P/S. The hydraulic P/S blocks access from underneath.
I'm sure you meant the 2AR-FE. Thanks for pointing out that the post-2011 models have electronic steering. I completely overlooked that and your reminder is very helpful for me.

Cutting these kind of holes reminds me of those dudes that used to cut holes in the shock towers of Mustangs and Falcons in order to grease those chronically squeaking upper control arm bushings.

Hum , Toyota dealer said that it’s non removable by default:” yes, we can change it but sill will leak from the pcv valve”. It was a small leak (Toyota Yaris 2006). Finally I leave it - no oil consumption or any other problems just unpleasant when you open the hood…

Back