QuikTrip's guarantee on their Gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the QT web site:

"Our convenience store gasoline guarantee is even stronger: if your car has a fuel-related problem, bring the statement from your mechanic and we'll pay for the repair. Our convenience stores make this promise because it's the right thing to do. For a company so dedicated to quality, how could we NOT have a guarantee so strong?"

I buy gas from TopTier providers Shell (through the Circle K stores), QuikTrip, and Phillips 66. Does your car like QuikTrip gas?

Both of my current Chevy's do fine with QT gas, but my old modded RSX HATED it. MPGs dropped off by 1.5-2 every time I filled up with it. FWIW, it burns real clean. My boat's stainless steel prop is always carboned up when running no-name gas, but Texaco and QT gas + full throttle= spotless prop.

My '03 Sierra has a little less power & the MPG drops off with QT gas on a couple different times. Maybe the Ethanol % was too high...

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
My '03 Sierra has a little less power & the MPG drops off with QT gas on a couple different times. Maybe the Ethanol % was too high...

I've had just the opposite experience. My cars all seem to love it and get better MPG. Only one problem -
in Kalifornia we don't seem to have many if any QT stations.
But I visit Arizona frequently and use it every time I go there.

At home I use top tier gasolines - mostly Chevron and Shell.

QT is not my favorite gas. I think it probably always has the maximum ethanol in it. It returns slightly lower MPG's. But when gas goes up at the other stations, QT is always the last to go up, and they are the first to go down, hence I come out ahead at QT. My Tacoma likes Shell the best, and returns the best MPG and performance.

Originally Posted By: zulu
it burns real clean. My boat's stainless steel prop is always carboned up when running no-name gas, but Texaco and QT gas + full throttle= spotless prop.

From the Quik Trip web site:

"QuikTrip gasoline contains IQ, QuikTrip's specially formulated additive that helps clean your engine as you drive.

"At Quick Trip gas and diesel fuel stations, you always get consistency. Every underground gas and diesel fuel tank is continuously monitored to make sure customers get a quality product.

"We annually check the calibration on our gas and diesel fuel pumps in addition to the state inspection, and to closer tolerance. We want to make sure you get what you pay for.

"QuickTrip sells so much gas and diesel fuel, you'll always know it's fresh gasoline. On average, we replace our entire gas and diesel fuel inventory every three days."

======================

Anyone have any opinions on 7-Eleven gasoline? 7-Eleven isn't on the TopTier list. I wonder what their detergent is called, and how good it is.

Expansion of topic: How does the gasoline at Conoco stations differ from the gas at Phillips 66 stations? Both are part of the same ConocoPhillips company.

Last edited:
Wow, check this out: For at least the past week--maybe longer--when you type http://www.TopTierGas.com , you of course go to the Top Tier gas site, but if you omit the "www." part and just type in "TopTierGas.com" (without the preceding "www"), you get sent to some AC Delco TechConnect site! How weird.

I wonder if the webmaster for Top Tier even knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back