Question on AutoRx oil filter deposits

Status
Not open for further replies.
hard carbon deposits. every engine with any amount of miles on it has them. you are only seeing the small ones that can get through the oil filter screen.

I saw similar deposits when i changed my oil/filter after 1,500 miles on the cleaning phase.

Looking forward to what the filter looks like after 2,500 miles on the rinse phase. At that time I will be doing my second RX treatment
95 BMW 525i with 118,000 miles.

Just wait till you drain your oil and see this:

autorxdrain1.jpg
[/URL]

-

That was from my 2nd cleaning phase I believe.

Last night I cut open my oil filter which had 600 miles on it on the rinse phase. I wanted to see what was trapped in the filter. I noticed very fine black deposits that look like sand and were hard. Some are a little longer than others, but most were very small. I was expecting some black sludge-like goo as pictured on the Auto-Rx web site, but only found a little bit of the sand like particles wedged in the fold of the pleats.

Does anyone have knowledge of what this stuff is?

Thanks

I had the hard carbon in my filter even before the autorx. I had done a B-12 flush and got it all in the filter. Scared the poop outta me. I've never had it in any other filter, no matter the miles.

Should Auto-Rx remove the carbon deposits, or does anyone think that I should try something else?

THX

Auto-Rx is removing the carbon deposits while you drive. If you would follow the application instructions and open your filter after the rinse phase,you would know what came out of your engine. And exactly what was in your filter. Just top off oil and finish the application.Please

Wow, I didn't get that at all..

After the rinse phase of Auto-RX, I looked at all of my oil filters used during the cleaning, cut them open and found no deposits.

And I remember all three oil dumps looked like a regular oil change.. no sludge... mind you I like my oil change nice and hot..
grin.gif

Yup... no deposits at all, not a speck of Carbon, wear metals, sludge..ect.ect...

Followed the instructions to the letter..

Many times many small carbon like particles combine in the same areas of the filter. It is normal for oil to flow to the same area of the filter media, until that spot blinds or becomes restricted. Bottom line is it is likely that many small particulates merged together at the filter media.

Also possible that some deposits that are on the pick up screen, as they are gradually being dissolved will release and be forced to the filter before completely dissolved.

Never, ever heard of any increased wear from ARX. Likely never will. Drive on.

All, Auto-RX is doing just what it is supposed to. It will remove very low levels of particle accumulations in a normal engine,BEFORE sludge formations become large enough to be dramatically viewed by naked eye.

This is its liquid filter effect and capability, safely removing the deposits from high pressure/heat areas while LOWERING wear and improving ring and combustion chamber seal.

Please contact Auto-Rx and have then fund Dyson Analysis for a "liquid filter study"!!

I agree with Rich21 I have never observed through oil analysis RX allowing increased wear. I have seen oil filters load because the user did not have a clean enough oil filter to trap the fine particles. Even then the dispersing capability of Auto-RX lowers wear all things being equal.

This stuff is NOT "mouse milk"!

Terry

Amazingly, even with those huge things of grit my UOA wasn't that bad. The stuff was hard and black, but brittle enough to break with your fingernail.

I believe in roughly 3300 miles (trip to GA and back) I had 17 ppm of iron. That's a pretty good UOA.

quote:

Those look big enough to cause wear problems

Not if the particles are soft and sticky, as they usually are. In the photo above, one needs to know which items are bubbles and which ones are carbon particles.

I too have never seen ARX increase wear. I have observed it quietening the engine while it was cleaning.

When any of my kids purchase a used vehicle, in goes a new oil/filter change and ARX as soon as they drive in to the garage.

[ December 14, 2005, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

In the rinse phase myself, and curious what the oil is going to look like upon changing. Didn't see much different in the cleaning phase.

As I stated in another post, the car is running super smooth, but the "Check Engine" light is coming on at some point on most every trip I make. Maybe it's getting rinsed, too.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back