quart buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people out there are still buying oil by the qt?Does anyone do what I do and just buy 5 quart jugs and just throw one in the bed of your truck and have it ready whenever?If it's hard topping off with a bulky container just fill up some old empty quarts with the 5 qt. oil.I use Gatorade bottles and Coke bottles and keep them in storage room.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I buy the qt. bottles when AAP puts their M1 oil and filter on sale.

I like quart containers better too. I like the 5 single quarts plus filter deals from AAP and Auto Zone. I bought some Amsoil oil in 4 qt jugs and decided next order will be quarts instead.

I've never seen 5 qt oil containers free after rebate
grin2.gif

I still buy qts. They go on sale often enough that most of the time, they're not bad deals. I have multiple single qts of Mobil 5000, PYB, QS Syn, Valvoline Conv, and Castrol Syn.

It depends on which vehicle I'm buying it for.

The truck takes six quarts. I'll buy a jug and a quart. Likewise with the Camaro.

The Honda takes 4 quarts. I'll buy a jug and have a quart left over (or maybe not, depending on the size of the jug.) It uses a little oil and I may need a little extra.

The Prius takes just shy of 4 quarts. If the jug I want is four quarts, it's golden. Otherwise, I just buy quarts since the it doesn't need any makeup oil.

I only buy the oil on sale/rebate/closeout so, it just happens that they're sold in qts. Yes, I see the 5qt jugs on sale but, nowhere near the prices that Im talking about and I've always seemed to miss the closeout(s) on 5qt jugs or I never see them at all in my area.

I buy qts. for the same reason the others mentioned, they're on sale or closeout waaay more often. That being said, since I've started having to buy 5W20 for the 2 new Hondas, I'm only buying 5 qt containers at Wal-Mart. All my qts have got to slowly work their way into my CR-V or waita few years for the Fit to go outta warranty.

I prefere 5 qt jugs but most my Sumps are 6 qts or 7 qts so I end up breaking up 5qt jugs or having to buy a few individual qts..As mentioned there are some killer deals on Qts and cases or 12 qts.

Ive been buying 5qt jugs and using them to fill up extra 1qt bottles I have around. I take care of other family members cars, so when they come over, or I go over there, I have something a little easier to deal with than a 5qt jug to top them off.

I also take care of a friend's bus. He works a homeless ministry and when ever he hands me an empty 1qt bottle, I give him the 1 qt bottle in my trunk. I also provide free parts and labor, but we have yet to really tear into his engine.

Depends... I've bought quarts for a single oil change when I did not have any in the garage. Single quarts are easier to dump into the engines I have... though I suppose I could get away with a 5 quart(er) on the HL...

I'll buy whatever happens to be the best deal at the time. If I happen to get a 5 qt container and need only 4.5 qts, I'll pour the remainder into a qt container that I have saved.

I buy cases of oil (whatever is cheapest at AAP). I recently bought a case of Formula Shell 5w30 for $36 - $10 instant savings coupon = $28

I pour the used oil in a few old 5qt jugs and some juice containers which I return to AAP when I go to get another case of oil.

AAP is a lot closer than Walmart so the few bucks is worth spending for convenience (plus they take back my oil)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back