Quaker State Ultimate Protection or Quaker State All Mileage Blend?

To answer the question what difference would you be expecting between the two ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not seeing this thread as useful. No use scenarios, OP indicating no intended difference. So is this conversation for the sake of conversation?

As with anything it depends. If i had an engine that would contaminate the oil and or burn it quickly I'd change more frequently or top off with cheap thicker oil and not bother with expensive options. But if the engine doesn't contaminate the oil and doesn't burn much if any I'd use a better option.

As with anything it depends. If i had an engine that would contaminate the oil and or burn it quickly I'd change more frequently or top off with cheap thicker oil and not bother with expensive options. But if the engine doesn't contaminate the oil and doesn't burn much if any I'd use a better option.
I think I’ll just go with the QSUP. Thanks to everyone for the help and replies. I did NOT just start a thread for “conversation”. We have enough wacky threads not just in the oils forums also

Thought you already ordered HPL:

Those Duratec engines are known to be easy on oil especially since Ford didn't go to GDI until the 2012 MY. If you're changing the oil at 5K you could use either but for only a few dollars more I'd run the QSUP or even the QSFS in order to have a margin of safety if I have to extend my OCI for some unforeseen reason.

Back