Quaker State Ultimate Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meets 502,505, 229 in the 5W-40 Flavor...

I can't find out anything more though? Their site does not have a link to cst specs. Quaker State

Anyone know more about this oil? Rebate of $10 going on... I was thinking of trying this oil out this summer when it's warmer.

Thanks!

I'm sick of these companies claiming superior wear protection based on one test! The SEQ IVA is NOT the only test in town. LOL

However, the oil is very good. Use it with confidence.

Johnny & rest of gang... Thanks for the links and advice!

It looks like a decent oil! Only problem is... where to find the 5w-40?? I am trying hard to find an alternative to the Mobil 1 HM I'm using now in my 94' Miata. A few years back, I had used Quaker State 10w-40 for the summer and it was nice. Quelled the HLA ticks that are common in this engine.

I just wish SOPUS would get it's Marketing-Act together! I'll be on the hunt for this oil over the weekend. I'm hoping AZ might have a deal on it too.

Thanks guys for contributing!

So far.... No luck finding the 5w-40. Tried four AZ's and Pep Boys. Still need to check local Walmarts.

Stinks. That's the one thing I dislike about QS. They don't market their products worth a [censored]...

Well....I've given up on locating the 5W-40. Everyone looks at me as if I owned some strange vehicle from Russia. "5W-40?? We never see that around here...heck...we can't even get that if you ordered it!"

Been like that for every Pep Boys, Autozone, Walmart, etc.

my question would be to Quaker State- Why do you guys make it..sort of "market" it...and then wonder why it never sells?

You can get the 5w40 from a chrysler dealer as it's what they've replace M1 0w40 with, but you're not going to like what they charge, I've not seen it anywhere other than our parts department.

Wow! Ok... well... thanks for the info guys. I thought I found a sleeper - alternative with this oil. Apparently, one must hunt it down and pay through the nose for it.

It's A3 rated and spec-wise, a good looking oil. I guess I'll search for the next bargain I can find. I wonder if the new Pennzoil Ultra comes in this grade? I want to find an alternative to the Mobil 1 I've been using.

Why not consider Lubro-Moly 5w-40 ? I get it at NAPA or easily from many online dealers (no sales tax :) ) I dose it with a can of Lubro-moly MOS2 additive, it actually does improve my cars' mpg and feels smoother.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: hardcore302
so do they still make q horsepower?

No. Only one synthetic, Ultimate Durability.

The QS synthetic Jugs I saw at walmart this weekend say both Qhorsepower and Ultimate Durability on this.

751474537_640.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back