Quaker state full synthetic

You may have already done this but search through the UOA history for panther cars doing longer drains. This won’t tell you with certainty that your specific car is capable of longer drains but it’ll give you an idea. Still, I’d send off a sample at 8k if it were me and then push it out longer if it all checks out.

Also try to find the QS Ultra Durability bottle. It's actually a bit different than the regular QS Full Synthetic "Advanced" Durability

OK that makes more sense then. But wouldn't a more economical car make better sense if you will be driving that much?

Sorry, but I can't help myself that you suggest he moves closer to work to save fuel and wear and tear on his vehicle and pollution to the atmosphere, when the guy just posted a question about his choice of oil.

Remember, he can't move too close or his oil will not get up to temp!

Of you change your own oil and plan on keeping the car, I would say stick to a 6K interval. Keep the air filter clean. You don't have to worry about fuel dilution at all considering your miles per day. 6K is peace of mind.

Sorry, but I can't help myself that you suggest he moves closer to work to save fuel and wear and tear on his vehicle and pollution to the atmosphere, when the guy just posted a question about his choice of oil.
Where did I suggest he move closer to work to save fuel? You must have me confused with another post.

Where did I suggest he move closer to work to save fuel? You must have me confused with another post.
I think that response was aimed at the fact that you suggested buying a different car, when the OP asked about oil suggestions for this specific car. Kinda like asking "What's your favorite pizza?" and you reply "Burgers are better." Or did I miss something in the discussion?

I think that response was aimed at the fact that you suggested buying a different car, when the OP asked about oil suggestions for this specific car.
Again, misreading what I wrote. I didn't suggest he buy anything. I just ASKED if a more economical car wouldn't make more sense if he was driving that much.
OK that makes more sense then. But wouldn't a more economical car make better sense if you will be driving that much?

Again, misreading what I wrote. I didn't suggest he buy anything. I just ASKED if a more economical car wouldn't make more sense if he was driving that much.
Fair enough, you simply asked a question and you did not directly suggest they buy a more economical car. Asking a question like that can be a suggestion in itself because it presents an idea that was not being considered, and it does not even address the original question.

As a reminder, the original question was about suggested oil change intervals for their current car. It was not about fuel economy.
Kinda like "What's your favorite pizza?" and you answer "Wouldn't burgers be a better value for the dollar?"
But you certainly didn't suggest burgers, did you LOL!

Ive used QS 5w20 in my Mustang 4.6 ....I change the oil twice a year even if its only gone 3k miles....The price of this stuff at WM is to good to pass up....plus they deliver along with a Ford Motorcraft filter .....I use the High mileage blend in my my GF's Toyota .....great price good oil what more could you want

Quaker State full synthetic is a very good oil! High moly content, usually a little on the higher side of the viscosity index, and people think its not up to Vanilla M1, or PP, ect. but it is. It tends to be a very quiet running oil for most engines.

Several years ago Quaker State claimed their Synthetic was 70 to 90% Gas To liquid same as PP, don't know if that's still true or if they just had a glut of GTL back then. It does not matter, use with confidence.

Switched my grand marquis over to synthetic yesterday at 50 sum thousand miles. This is the car that does almost all freeway driving several hundred miles a day. Been doing Motorcraft at 5 or 6,000 miles. Wanted a full synthetic to see if I could extend that a bit. What do you think is a good oci with Quaker State full synthetic? Thanks!
What does the owner's manual say? You could probably do at least the highest it recommends and probably more. Depends if you know if your engine/cooling are in tip top shape, coolant leaks, etc. You'll only know with a UOA if you're going to try pushing it, especially past what the manual recommends.

Back