Quaker State Advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the Quaker State Advanced Durability is similar to Pennzoil YB? QS claims a 2x better friction protection than other conventional oils. Is this a "snake oil" claim, or is is true? I just changed over to PP in our Hyundai Veracruz suv, but if the QS is that good, I may go back to conventional. Any thoughts? Also, I find it a little odd that QS doesn't tout anything about "engine cleanliness" on the bottle. They seem to be going the "engine protection" route instead.

Last edited:
There are some slight deviation in base stock/add-pack used between the two, but as far as performance, both are EXCELLENT oils that will do a great job.

All else is marketing [censored]....

Originally Posted By: JT1
It states that it has 2x better wear protection than required by sm gf4 oils.

So I take it, this is not a big deal of a claim? Are most oils 2x better than the SM GF4?

Quaker State does offer 2x the protection.
Castrol Edge offers 6x the protecion.
I have some prime ocean front real estate in Arizona for sale.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
There are some slight deviation in base stock/add-pack used between the two, but as far as performance, both are EXCELLENT oils that will do a great job.

All else is marketing [censored]....
+1
thumbsup2.gif

Of course if Pennzoil sells twice as much oil as Quaker State, one could say it is in reality providing twice as much protection!

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Of course if Pennzoil sells twice as much oil as Quaker State, one could say it is in reality providing twice as much protection!

shocked2.gif

Marketing aside, at $10.50 a jug, a buck more than ST (and a 5w20)@ Wally, the price is right. Haven't used QS in years, but with 2 jugs in the stash, I will use it with no worries. Good price point.

Someone posted a TBN of 1.7 after 2300 miles......not so hot IMO. That said I used it in my wife car for a year and I currently have 2 years supply of QS HP synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back