Quaker State Advanced Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up 5 of the QS specials tonight after work. I have 25 quarts of QS Advanced Durability 10W30 conventional and 5 Purolator Classic filters added to my stash. I had to crack one open to look at the oil and it definitely looks and even SMELLS like a better oil than the Napa and Carquest store brand I have been using. Not that the store brands are bad, but I may save it for winter use now that I have so much QS on hand. The store brand looks to be a bit thinner even though it is the same 10W30 grade. Our "winter" here is pretty mild, it only gets maybe to 50 most nights, we do have a few freezing nights though.

And each quart of oil and each filter only cost me $2.17 apiece..I am really excited about cashing in on this deal. The Purolators will do fine for me too, I used to use them until I started buying Proselects and Carquest Reds a couple of years ago. I may go back tomorrow or the next day and get one or two more of these deals before the sale ends on the 30th. As it is I am set for the next 14 months or so anyway.

It's not as good of a deal as FAR oil but it is a great score for me!!

I've been seriously thinking about cashing in on the QS deal while it's still going on. I have to decide fast, since it won't be going on for very much longer.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
I've been seriously thinking about cashing in on the QS deal while it's still going on. I have to decide fast, since it won't be going on for very much longer.

Or you could wait for the 5 bucks off PP...
13.gif

jimmy did u get the QS UD synthetic for 8.50 a jug after mail in rebate at wal mart?...i just did this week

I'm sitting on a large stash of QS UD, too. I'll be making the switch to QS UD from M1 after a couple hundred thousand miles combined over several different cars. Kinda nervous, thinking it'd better pan out, lol...

Scored mine for 1.99 after in store rebate. I'm rollin' QS oil changes for the next two years, lol!

I've got some QS 5w-30 dino i'll trade even up for some Formula Shell if anyone's interested;)

Originally Posted By: chet2
jimmy did u get the QS UD synthetic for 8.50 a jug after mail in rebate at wal mart?...i just did this week

No, I don't use synthetic oil, never have tried it. I guess now I am just set in my ways and I just use a good quality dino and a good filter and change it every 3000 miles. And I like single quart bottles a lot better than the jugs, plus jugs have 5 quarts and my truck only takes 4 quarts to fill which makes using the 5 quart jugs kind of cumbersome.

I think this QS will do a fine job. I read a lot of very positive reviews on it before I decided to buy it. With this AAP deal on QS and Purolator filters each of my next 6 oil changes will cost me about $10.85. Plus it's good knowing I have a over a year's worth of oil and filters on hand if they jack the price up for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back