QS Advance Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one use this oil? Any thoughts? Finishing my run with PP Platinum 10W30 and was thinking about trying the QS Advance 10w30 in my G35.
ooo.gif

I dont like QS for some reason..
rugerman.gif

Dont know why
dunno.gif

btw, dont fall for their heat activated formula.. thats just mumble jumble. If you want a nice synthetic try Royal Purple or Amsoil, nothing wrong with Pennz ither.. or Castrol... or ..
pat2.gif

I was told that pennzoil was the better oil, stick with it for the same price as the QS.

I'm currently running a 4-5k OCI of QS Torque Power 5W20 in my 05 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi V8. After 1,200 mi I've noticed no consumption--usually around 1/4 quart low when using M1 5W20 by this time. Engine is a tad quieter--still hear the Hemi "tick". I'll run a UOA when the change shows up this fall. Not expecting any surprises, but it will be enlightening to see it compared to the M1 I have been running.

Roger...

I may be going against the grain in this thread but I like QS
smile.gif
I used it in my Altima before and it liked it. I doubt it's much better or much worse than the Pennzoil, etc. Most conventionals are the same. I can't say the same about their synthetic though, i've never used it. But I think it would probably be a good oil!
smile.gif

Heat activated? Do you have to wait until the oil comes up to operating temp before the additives work. I'd like to have an oil that worked when the oil is cold, too.

If you search for my posts in the UOA section under Chrysler 2.7L V6, you'll find a couple or three UOA on QS synthetic. I had pretty good numbers from the stuff. Terry Dyson said he'd seen decent UOA from it in other engines too.

One of the sleepers if you drop the brand marketing bias one way or the other. Platinum and Q syn are very similar with duration of use the priority with Platinum, Q syn geared towards the hot rod performance crowd.

QS racing oils are excellent for off the shelf offerings. 17.5W-35 my favorite.

Shell is really stepping up to the plate in the US/NA lately. I am sure a run for XOM market share.

It would really help if QS would drop the Slick 50 - - - - - - on their products. Yes, I have heard the story about how SOPUS didn't want the Slick 50 brand and can't sell it.I saw a qt of their High Mileage oil (i think) that actually had Slick 50 in it. I think SOPUS could afford to take a loss on Slick 50 and sell it to whoever would give them anything for it. If you set QS with Slick50 beside Penn. I would take the yellow bottle every time. It just seems like SOPUS is above being associated with Slick50.

I never could understand the name behind the oil. People who are Quakers don't even drive automobiles; they drive horse and buggies.
dunno.gif

I've discontinued the Pennzoil Platinum & switching to Quaker State Synthetic for the next two OCIs... unless someone buys my 12 quarts I have for sale for $36 - in the "Items For Sale" Forums here.

I have a REAL Slick 50 replacement chemistry formula developed by MOLAKULE that I have offered Shell with no interest exhibited.

Shell or SOPUS readers money talks and you know the rest.

Terry, in my Nissan 5.6 which would you run; Q Torque Power 10w-30 or Pen Plat 5w-30? Just curious as your take.

I don't think the owners of Slick50 care what it does as long as they make their required margins. How would they understand what's in the bottle, it just stuff to them. There must still be someone out there buying the stuff. And how would an individual user have any clue about how the product performs. If they think it works it's game over for the marketing.

Quote:

I never could understand the name behind the oil. People who are Quakers don't even drive automobiles; they drive horse and buggies.
dunno.gif

I thought that was the Amish, I know Quakers that drive cars, is this true or are you confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back