puzzled about the best oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champion Labs makes the Luberfiner filters for big engines, and these filters have a very good reputation.

David, here's B2 & B2 HPG info from Baldwin:
The B2 and B2-HPG will flow approximately 4 gpm at a pressure differential of 7.5 psi. These filters contain an 8 psi by-pass valve.

-B2 is 22 micron nominal ( Beta @ 2 = 2) and 45 absolute (Beta @ 45 = 75).
-B2-HPG is 8 micron nominal and 23 micron absolute. B2-HPG is limited to 150 psi.

Ken

Yep, I'm sure I posted the same #'s here back when. Travis provided the info when I was ordering HPG's. They're nice, and the bypass valve is serious. At this point all I have are visuals though. They look comparable to the other top-end filters. Now if someone were to donate two SDF-15's (one cutapart, one bench) I'd be happy to ruin them for a good cause...
smile.gif

fleet guard filters

These are very good filters mostly all the commercial big rigs and a lot of the diesel guys use this brand ...

[ January 25, 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

Although I'm finding this topic interesting...

I'm feeling what it comes down to is just make sure you're doing the routing maintenance on your vehicle per the owner's manual, with products of generally known/established quality. With today's fluids and the manufacturer's build quality, you don't need more than that for the car to last longer on the inside than it does on the outside.

[ January 27, 2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: S2000driver ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back