Purolator PL14670 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
This filter was in service for about 4800 miles on a 3.8 liter Dodge Grand Caravan with well over 230k on the odometer.

This filter was a lucky find at a thrift store, 95 cents. The date code: F02U28B2

I had the filter on top of a jar for about a month. Not much leaked out.
vx0xg0.jpg

I then cut the filter a bit and put it over a fresh jar and here is what was still trapped in the filter
2wqxs9i.jpg

I was pleased with the innards, very solid, no tears, can't pull the ends off with considerable effort. The ADBV was very pliable, over 4800 miles and manufactured over a decade ago. A great value for 95 cents!

2yulen4.jpg

b8x15k.jpg

2lllduw.jpg

2cz9534.jpg

The junk on the base plate is due to the cutting method: hacksaw.

Looks like Purolator needs to operate today like they did 8~10 years ago.
grin.gif
Note how the pleat spacing is more even on that one then the ones built today.

Nice, but the gold paint wasn't around a decade ago. They used the blue metallic paint then. I believe the gold paint came around in the late 2000s (2008-2009?).

^^ Good point. The 2009 date code is the letter "A". This one has year code "U". Not sure if Purolator uses letters much beyond U or not, so U very well could be 2007~2008.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The 2009 date code is the letter "A". This one has year code "U". Not sure if Purolator doesn't use letters much beyond U, so U very well could be 2007~2008.

Yep, I'm thinking 2008 as I believe that's when the gold paint came out. I remember buying the blue ones in 2007 still.

That's our local Willamette Week. Gotta make the background a little interesting
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
interesting magazine under it...

Note how "Quest Chat" is right under the crossword puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back