Purolator One PL20195 2800 miles/1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one looks good! Really good. A generous amount of pleats, decent spacing near the seam, and it held up fine! Silicone was soft.

If you had the un-resized picture of the 2nd pic, you can see a small fracture line of the glue along the top side of the two pleats closest to the seam but I couldn't tell without the zoomed picture+flash so it definitely didn't tear. Date code F05C so was made in 05/2011. Anyway, this filter had been in place for almost a year but only 2800-ish miles, mostly short trips in my 00 Mustang. I just changed the filter this time, not the oil. Oil was Super Tech FS 5W30. I added about 1/3 qt of Smitty's HM 10W30 to the new filter and I plan to drive about 2000 more miles before I change the filter and oil. I put the last PureOne filter on it to use it up. From then on, the filters I have left are Puro-made Motorcraft FL400S'.

I bent my tin snip last time, made it worse this time, and cut my hand; probably won't do this again without a proper cutter.

YUSVPhy.jpg

tWuOUJC.jpg

FL6EOzD.jpg

rx0trQB.jpg

Ouch! Sorry about your hand. I have some FL-910S that flyNavyP3 talked me into purchasing and using
wink.gif

Thanks for pics, filter held up great
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. I was wanting to use one in my Ranger. I got a free PL20195 with some oil at AAP a couple of weeks ago. I have an FL-400S in it right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back