Purolator Boss filter vs AC/Delco OEM

I plan to mix 1 qt of Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 with 5 qt Mobil 1 EP 5W-30. Purolator Boss Oil filter. 2017 Impala Premier next oil change after running Pennzoil Platinum currently. Thoughts?

I have been using the AC/Delco OEM filter. Will the Boss perform better?

Impala Premier. 85000 miles

Thoughts?
Don't mix the AMSOIL in, you'll waste it. Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 is very good oil and can hold its own.

Purolator BOSS is made with synthetic media. Will it perform better? That's debatable. It will last longer though, for sure.

If you do 5000 mile OCIs, it doesn't matter.

The Amsoil will bump up the TBN.
No, it won't. It won't do anything for you. It'll be wasted.

Don't mix the AMSOIL in, you'll waste it. Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 is very good oil and can hold its own.

Purolator BOSS is made with synthetic media. Will it perform better? That's debatable. It will last longer though, for sure.

It should bump the virgin TBN from 7 to 8

I plan to open up the AC/Delco filter when I take it off.
IMG_0175.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 27
The boss filter is rated at 99% at 20um - or was. I don't think the AC Delco has an actual rating that I have seen.

he boss filter is rated at 99% at 20um - or was.
Never was that efficient ... the Purolator ONE is that efficient however. Purolator claims 99% @ 25u on their website for the Boss, but that's on their gigantic 30001 model filter. Look at the very bottom of the webpage for the statement.

Independent lab ISO testing showed a smaller Boss to come in around 63% @ 20u.

Back