PurOl USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link

FAQ Page

Has there every been a VOA of this brand? It appears to be the most expensive oil on the market. They seem to have a small, but decent market. What I find interesting is they claim their ZDP numbers are 2x or more of the current API amount, but also say their oils are good for DI daily driver engines. They don't provide any detailed specifications, which I can understand to some extent. Some companies formulate for best numbers when we all know that doesn't equate to actual engine performance benefits.

PurÖl Elite Series contains 1730ppm of zinc vs. 800-900ppm on some of the competitors brands out there. This offers significant protection advantages. In addition, PurÖl has superior base stocks originating from Group IV and Group V base stocks. A majority of the competition uses an older, inferior Group III Base stock. The proprietary additive package of PurÖl also provides amazing power, protection, cooling and economy advantages developed for our Aerospace clients.

Well, I don't have any Aerospace vehicles. Not yet! lol! Thanks for posting Buster..

Seems like I remember reading ZDP is hard on cat converters ? Would that be a consideration with that oil ?

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Seems like I remember reading ZDP is hard on cat converters ? Would that be a consideration with that oil ?

After 1200 to 1700 ppm ZDDP can actually start causing wear. Most "experts" put the limit for street driven engines at 1200. This is a high priced racing oil.

It is, but they also suggest it for daily drivers as well which surprises me.

Originally Posted by UG_Passat

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3601592/Purol_Synthetic_10w40_-_2.5L_T

Thank you.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back