Pureone and ultra 5/10 um efficiency %?

I was doing research.and read,pure one is rated,at 99%@20um, 92%@10um.but 5 um,51%.
The ultra,99%@20um,94%@10um. What would it be,at 5um?
these are the only really 2 super filtering filters I've found. And the tough guard,though 20%@20um,likely didn't filter 94%@10um.different media.

You probably will never know the actual specs for particles that small.. Particles that small generally don't cause the damage that the 20-30 um particles do.

It had been said previously that Fram Ultra was 80% at 5micron. But with no official data.
The filtration test by Ascent Filtration has led me to believe that claim.

All well and good all the lab test numbers, but what are the particles actually in your oil? Then there is what the particles are, soft, hard, in between?
These guys did a test, and maybe this is a way to really find out who is best at removing particles of whatever. I can't find much fault with their reasoning.

Particles that small generally don't cause the damage that the 20-30 um particles do.
Cummings wear study showed that most of the wear is caused by particles 10u and smaller. Look at the table of the MOFT which ranges from about 3 to 7 microns. Any particles smaller than 10u could go through the MOFT layer in the bearings and cause wear. Particles much larger than the MOFT can't go through the MOFT layer as easily and may get spit out through the bearing side leakage before getting smashed in the MOFT.

1629395533084.jpeg

1629395480080.png

My question as, basicalefficiency of pureone, @5um. And the team ultra?!
Nobody knows without testing the current filters. The Fram Ultra media is now diffetent (big thread currently going on about it). It was said by Jay, the former Fram Rep that it was 80% @ 5μ. There are some really old threads in this forum where Purolator gave efficiency (by email response) down to 5μ on the PureOne I believe.

Back