Proper BMw coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Quote:

In the USA, Ashland (Valvoline/Zerex) is the OEM for BMW dealer fluids, except for the special 10W-60 for M3s and M5s, supplied by BP Germany(Castrol RS).

Are you saying the current BMW 5w-30 high performance motor oil is actually Valvoline?

If that is the case, then Valvoline might be disappointed to see the Castrol logo on those oil bottles (on the ones I've seen).

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In the USA, Ashland (Valvoline/Zerex) is the OEM for BMW dealer fluids, except for the special 10W-60 for M3s and M5s, supplied by BP Germany(Castrol RS).

Are you saying the current BMW 5w-30 high performance motor oil is actually Valvoline?

If that is the case, then Valvoline might be disappointed to see the Castrol logo on those oil bottles (on the ones I've seen).

Maybe in Canada, which like Europe, uses BP/Castrol. In the USA, all of the BMW fluids I have seen were made by Ashland. BMW Coolant is just Zerex G-48 in a BMW container. The motor oils (save for 10W-60 Castrol RS imported from Germany in Castrol containers) were all Valvoline SynPower.

They may have changed suppliers, but my local dealer has the stuff they have been selling for years.

Valvoline was the sponsor of the IMSA GT3 M3s for the BMW factory backed PTG team for a few years in US racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back