propane eager-1 5.5hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Michigan born but my heart belongs in dixie
I have a tecumseh 5.5hp eager-1 that acquire from a friend, it sat around for a few years and has severe care problems, so i am running it one one pound log cylinders. [censored] little guy will run all of four hours on one pound. I have been using it to mow a few small yards i mow. I am using Sam's club 10w30, to flush old junk out of the crankcase. I was wondering what the maintenance under log operation. Can the oci's be extended, i know that the plug was very dirty and after about 25hours it is almost spotless, and the combustion chamber is almost clear of all carbon deposits.

Ken

I was gonna run a stash of Pennzoil 20w20 diesel/lpg/gasoline rated oil, i have five quarts in the engine shed. I plan to use it up w/ left over stp setting around. What would be a good sound oci interval. I was thinking between 50-100 hours.

Ken

Originally Posted By: JR
I have a tecumseh 5.5hp eager-1 that acquire from a friend,

Care to post a photo of it?

I wouldn't worry much about what oil I was running but 50-100 hours is a lot for OPE without an oil filter. 50 maybe, but not 100 hours.

The heck with the oil/OCI. I'm more curious how you got it setup to run on propane!

Joel

I have a adjustable regulator off a grill with log vapor hose and a piece of a ball point pen to vent vapor straight into the airplane. I have been using one pound cylinders till i get the engine total dialed in.
Ken.

Originally Posted By: JR
I have a adjustable regulator off a grill with log vapor hose and a piece of a ball point pen to vent vapor straight into the airplane. I have been using one pound cylinders till i get the engine total dialed in.
Ken.

Pretty cool! So the original carb and fuel tank are still in place? You're just injecting the propane into the air cleaner assembly upstream of the carb?

Joel

Yes, its. I have a 3.75hp briggs that i tested the other day. Ran great on an old propane torch valve and tube connected to fuel hose that dumps into valve pick-up on pulse-jet. Ran great, started first pull, sat over five years.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back