Project Farm - Tests Hose Clamps

I usually love project farm but this was a monumental fail. He only tested one constant tension clamp and it wasn't the correct size so he wrapped the hose in electrical tape. How is that scientific?

Poorly done project farm. I have never had a quality constant tension clamp fail in automotive application.

I usually love project farm but this was a monumental fail. He only tested one constant tension clamp and it wasn't the correct size so he wrapped the hose in electrical tape. How is that scientific?

Poorly done project farm. I have never had a quality constant tension clamp fail in automotive application.
+1 pretty much worthless, I dont have a 400+ psi cooling system but I do have one that sees extreme cold and heat.

Thankfully, it did provide enough information to validate that using a US made clamp from Breeze is still a good choice.

Instead of testing so many no name clamps from China, he could have included clamps that Advance, AutoZone and O'Reilly's sells.... since this is where lots of people buy their clamps.

I completely agree on the two he tested with the wrong size & used electrical tape - that was a sloppy attempt. Also, instead of all the nearly identical chinese ones, I hoped he'd included one of the "crimp type" (oeticker?).

Does anyone go through their car or boat and replace all the screw/worm clamps with constant pressure clamps? Or just swap out the clamps when you are replacing a hose or radiator, etc?
I will replace non full stainless clamps with stainless if used in salt water but never had the need to use the constant pressure clamps.

Back