Pretty impressed non ethanol fuel yard equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the additives effected? What's the resulting octane? I'm glad I can just buy E0 90 octane for my OPE.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
What's the point of this?
We've had nothing other than E10 here for the past twenty years and I've never seen a problem with any OPE.
If E10 isn't a problem, then why go to heroic measures to solve a problem that doesn't exist?
A lot of my equivalent sits for long periods of time. And it's super humid. E10 is a problem.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
What's the point of this?
We've had nothing other than E10 here for the past twenty years and I've never seen a problem with any OPE.
If E10 isn't a problem, then why go to heroic measures to solve a problem that doesn't exist?

Ethanol attracts moisture. That’s the reason why it’s bad. It’s a simple process really.

Originally Posted By: hatt
How are the additives effected? What's the resulting octane? I'm glad I can just buy E0 90 octane for my OPE.

I’ve read somewhere the octane drops 3 points. So 90 octane when all said and done. My lawnmower doesn’t miss. The true test will be my 2 cycle sthil.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
I put it in my contaminated oil recycle container.

WHY ?!?!?!?!

There is NOTHING in that mix that can be used by the oil recyclers!!!!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

E10 does not go in any of my OPE. Have you really tried looking for ethanol free gasoline? I honestly wouldn’t be adding dye and water to E10 and decanting the stuff. There are additives that will help neutralize the effects of the ethanol. Ethanol free gas can be purchased at many marinas. Here’s a link that may help in your quest for ethanol free gas.
https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX

I feel fortunate to get ethanol free for 2.50a gallon. I never had a problem running regular pump gas in my mowers though. But I always used stabil.

I did it on a much smaller scale . I left the walk behind out and a squall hit. no top on the foam air cleaner. I drained the tank into a qt jar. I could see a perfect example of phase separation. 3 layers, water and ethanol, a very thin layer of ? and real home made E0 floating on top . Lacking any other gas on site. After I drained the bowl on the carb. I poured in the gas and the mower ran,
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: ARB1977
I put it in my contaminated oil recycle container.

WHY ?!?!?!?!

There is NOTHING in that mix that can be used by the oil recyclers!!!!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

32 oz isn’t going to contaminate a recycle oil container. Your telling me folks who change their oil not one of them might have a blown head gasket or fuel delusion issues. That’s far worse than what I’m doing.

Originally Posted By: MParr
E10 does not go in any of my OPE. Have you really tried looking for ethanol free gasoline? I honestly wouldn’t be adding dye and water to E10 and decanting the stuff. There are additives that will help neutralize the effects of the ethanol. Ethanol free gas can be purchased at many marinas. Here’s a link that may help in your quest for ethanol free gas.
https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX

I’ve searched, thanks though.

Originally Posted By: andyd
I did it on a much smaller scale . I left the walk behind out and a squall hit. no top on the foam air cleaner. I drained the tank into a qt jar. I could see a perfect example of phase separation. 3 layers, water and ethanol, a very thin layer of ? and real home made E0 floating on top . Lacking any other gas on site. After I drained the bowl on the carb. I poured in the gas and the mower ran,
grin2.gif

Take a little gas and add water and some blue food coloring. It’s amazing the separation you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back