Pressurized Well Tank & Digital Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your well tank is operating correctly and showing no signs of corrosion, you can empty the water out of the tank, set the air bladder pressure to 37 lbs and install a 40/60 pressure switch, Try that and see what happens. Investment of about $29.00
Stay away from the 297.00 junk. If you replace the tank only get a WellXtrol tank. I am in the business and have been using them for over 40 years. Installed thousands of them. Others just don't cut it. If they did I would sell them.
And also I don't recommend the spin down filter if you have iron problems. The screen gets quickly coated with iron and they will not spin down clean. You have to regularly disassemble them and clean with the screen with a brush. I recommend a cartridge filter such as you have. Look for a larger one and use 30 micron spun wound filters. Check an actual plumbing supply place for availability.

Last edited:
There are better mouse traps out there that reliably and efficiently provide constant pressure. It's done in municipal and agricultural pumps all the time. I think the residential market lags because low tech is proven and easy to comprehend for installers and homeowners.

The residential market lags behind due to financial constraints. Most home owners are not willing to spend the extra $1,200.00 or so to go the constant pressure route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back