Pressure Washer

My SIL has a pressure washer that she bought 6 years ago and has never changed the oil.
It has a B&S Professional 190cc/8.50 lb.ft. engine on it and I believe is say to never change the oil...only add oil.

Her PW is not the one in the like but, very close:

What is the deal with the "No Need To Change Oil"?
She didn't have the OM so IDK what oil is required. The oil that I pumped out looked to be a very dark/dirty PURPLE and very thick like a 40 or 50 grade. For letting me to use the PW, I changed the oil using some Castrol 10W30 FS HM I had leftover.

Thanks,
CB

Last edited:
They factory fill with a synthetic oil.
It's just marketing on no need to change oil, just keep full. Most folks never change oil anyway and after a few years carb issues with E10 put them on the curb and they are out buying another one. What you put in should be just fine. I hope you put some stabilizer in the fuel while you were at it.

It's just marketing on no need to change oil, just keep full. Most folks never change oil anyway and after a few years carb issues with E10 put them on the curb and they are out buying another one. What you put in should be just fine. I hope you put some stabilizer in the fuel while you were at it.
I ran the tank dry as per my SILs request. She doesn’t leave it full during the off season.

I never really agreed with the small engines that never need an oil change. I think most people would agree to dump it out and refill it with fresh oil to obtain the best service for the lifetime of the engine. On a pressure washer usually its the water pump that fails first. No doubt if filled or topped off with oil the machine will last a long time however if used for commercial purposes daily it probably wouldn't last very long with top offs or makeup oil.

I have a never used Craftsman pw with a Briggs engine and the factory Briggs oil that you add before the first use is plain B&S SAE 30 oil, it's not synthetic. Even if it was I still could not never change the oil, it would kill me :rolleyes:

I've got that same Briggs professional series 190cc on my snapper push mower. It came with a tiny spin-on engine oil filter on it. It's a 2010 or 11 model year. Starts 1-2 pulls every time. I've never touched the carb or spark plug on it. Changed the air filter once and the oil filter a couple of times along w/ oil changes.

Back