Pressure Washer Surface Cleaner

I have always hated pressure washing my concrete patio because after I am done with it, generally it and I look worse for the wear because of splashback.
I was in a store one day and became aware of pressure washer surface cleaners. The one they had was $79.88.
Came home, got on amazon and saw a range of pricing from $50 to better than $200.
I put the idea on the side burner until I was in Walmart the other day and saw this:

On a lark, I bought it. Has anyone had any experience with using a pressure washer surface cleaner? Anyone have any experience with this model?
I ask, because if these things are a bust, I don't need another $40. piece of plastic sitting around waiting for the next yard sale.

I’d return it for the 14“ Powerfit one that has 4/5 star reviews for about the same price. I take reviews with a grain of salt but those are pretty convincing. It’s under “customers also considered” in the link you provided towards the bottom.

Last edited:
I have a cheap junky one I bought from Amazon yeeeaaaars ago that looks exactly like that Hypertough one underneath and it works surprisingly well on concrete.

I’ve got one, I think a Ryobi. It’s much faster than using a standard spray tip if you have to do a large area.

I have a Brigg and Stratton that I paid about $50 for and it works great. I am not sure how one can work that much different than the other?

I have one of these:

It works well. The challenge with any surface cleaner is flow. IIRC, a 16" requires a minimum of 4 gpm. I have 3.5 gpm and it works well most of the time, but anything less would be an issue. What is the gpm of your pressure washer?
That thing is at another level than the cheap ones. That is more than I paid for my pressure washer alone. I'm sure it works great, but probably overkill for an average homeowner

I don't bother pressure washing the driveway and sidewalks anymore. I just use Wet and Forget. This stuff is amazing. Sure it takes along time to start working but when it does you got nice white concrete again or bright bricks if you have a brick patio like we had at our other house.

You just follow the directions and go. Wet the surface and forget about it. No rinsing or anything. Our driveway use to be just about black and now it is a nice white. Took it 6 months but now if I give it another application I don't have to worry about it but once a year if that.

It worked wonders on our white vinyl fence around our pool. It use to get black as well and would take me hours to pressure wash. One application of Wet and Forget each year and it has stayed an nice bright white.

Costco here had the best deal. You got two half gallon jugs for $22.

I’d return it for the 14“ Powerfit one that has 4/5 star reviews for about the same price. I take reviews with a grain of salt but those are pretty convincing. It’s under “customers also considered” in the link you provided towards the bottom.
After reading the reviews, it is going back. The review about the screws in the unit backing out was quite telling.

Back