Pressure Washer Pump Oil

Simpson 3100. I've had it for about 6 years. I wanted to change the pump oil for PM reasons, but manual states no service needed. Pump has no visible plugs to add or remove oil, but I did find this sticker on the bottom of the pump. Anyone know how to go about this if its possible?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Simpson 3100 is a "maintenance free" pump that does not require oil change. Apparently the manufacturer expects the oil to last as long as long as the pump, at which point you buy a new one.

Change it with SAE30 non-detergent oil.
Mag 1 makes a pressure washer specific one for cheap.
You will have a hard time finding a non-detergent 15W-40.

In our CAT pressure pumps we use an IOS 68. We use a special synthetic industrial oil from Summit Industrial Products (Kluber Oil). For ease of getting oil on your side, you should just get oil for a CAT pump that has the add-pack for those small pumps.

https://www.amazon.com/CAT-Pumps-Pressure-Washer-Pump/dp/B0000AX3WI/ref=sr_1_1?crid=IBOJX7RFMD85&dchild=1&keywords=cat+pump+oil+iso+68&qid=1589108920&sprefix=CAT+pump+oi%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-1

You can use automotive engine oil in a pump issue free. I've seen it done before in industrial settings issue free. 1 was at a carwash with Cat pumps the size of a small engine with good ol Mobil 1 10w30.

That said, if there's no drain and fill plug, about all you can do is let it be unless you want to tear into it and possibly risk damaging a good working pump.

Thank you for the responses.
AS with most items, I want it to last longer than the MFG wants me to have it.
I didn't expect to fond a 15/40 oil, and have pump oil in a 30 W here now.
Contacting the MFG will get me the same information I get in the manual. "Your pump does not need to be serviced" Neither does those "lifetime fill" transmissions.. But this is BITOG...
Yes, tearing into it wasn't my first choice.
Thank you Belker, I will look into that!
I know that is the norm for compressors as well.

Wow that must be a really cheap pump, even the cheapest ones I've seen had some sort of drain/fill port. With this unit I'm assuming you'd have to open up the casing via the 4 screws to get in there to do a drain + fill.

You should be able to unbolt the pump from the engine and then unbolt the pressure unloader valve assembly. Then unbolt the head of the pump unit, pour out old oil. Clean it out and usually they take 4-5 ounces of oil.

Back