PP 5w30, 7200 miles, 98 Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: addyguy
Seth,

You're getting Patman's wife's Honda Civic mixed-up with his Corvette. In THAT car, he does believe 5k miles on dino is the ticket. His latest UOA on that car is a couple of pages before this one....

So gtx works in civic but not in corvette?

I seriously doubt that there are many Corvettes, made in the last ten years, that have had conventional oil in them. I think that running dino in a C5 or C6 would legitimately be considered abuse. At very least, dino OCIs would have voided the warranty.

Like the May- November seasonal oci. Don't keep us in suspense, what was your best time and mph at the 'strip?

hey patman i think those numbers look awesome for an LS motor..your oil consumption is nothing to be concerned about at all for an LS motor in my opinion..my'n consumes roughly the same amount if not a little more depending on how hard i drive it..anyways man nice car.
PS- that thing is begging for a 100 shot

Looks great man.

You drive this thing in the winter right?

I see a ton of crazies like you up in the toronto metro area driving their corvettes with snow tires in the dead of winter..

7200 miles looks great for this motor. Makes me feel great about using Yellow Bottle for 5-6k in my lowly ecotec saturn.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Looks great man.

You drive this thing in the winter right?

I see a ton of crazies like you up in the toronto metro area driving their corvettes with snow tires in the dead of winter..

Yep, I'm one of those crazies! :) Even crazier, I don't run snow tires, just all seasons! I don't drive in deep snow though, on those days I borrow a car.

As far as my best time at the dragstrip, it's 12.81 at 109.4 mph. The only mods on it are the Vararam cold air intake and tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back