Post your top three most favorite mainstream beers

Status
Not open for further replies.
By mainstream I mean readily available in most liquor stores in the country. No local microbreweries please! Here is my picks:

1. Okocim Ok Beer - Great polish beer that was readily available at the local grocery store's liquor department untill now
frown.gif

2. Newcastle - Awesome beer, easy to drink but gives good buzz. Unfortunately expensive.

3. DAB - Very nice tasting and light beer. Taste better than most European beers in the green bottles like Heineken, Grolsh, Beck, etc.

No local microbrews? Why bother?

Introducing BITOGers to local microbrews gives them something to look for (and forward to) when traveling in certain areas.

Take Green Flash from San Diego. As a beer aficionado, I was pleasantly surprised to find it in Champaign, IL at a local "microbrew specialty bar" and at a local beer store that stocked hard-to-find microbrews.

Mainstream is just that: mainstream. Let's hear about your three favorite craft beers and microbrews, not what's on the shelves at every grocery and liquor store from coast to coast.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
I would consider these staple beers
Guinness
Sierra Nevada Pale ale
Anchor Steam

I'm going to take a tour of Sierra Nevada's brewery on August 12th (about 80 miles from here)
11.gif
and have lunch there.

I don't have 3 favorite micro brews, although S-N pale ale and Guinness are right up there. There are too many new ones to try to keep track of them and I am usually not disappointed.
11.gif

1. New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale
2. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
3. Guinness Extra Stout

You will be impressed by S-N. They have a very nice restaurant (not a brew pub) and a top notch operation. I recommend a tour of Anchor whenever you are in San Fransisco.

Originally Posted By: -Clayton-
Budweiser

Natural Ice

Milwaukee's Best

In that order.

cheers3.gif
You're speaking my language Clayton!

Originally Posted By: dkryan
No local microbrews? Why bother?

Because you can't get those beers unlike mainstream. If I can't get those why should I care about them? What's the use of knowing? The name alone won't tell me anything. Mainstream beer I can go and buy at least.

Open your own topic and troll there ok.

Originally Posted By: -Clayton-
Budweiser

Natural Ice

Milwaukee's Best

In that order.

Your list might as well have been:
King Cobra
Colt .45
Olde English 800

LOL.gif

Status