1998 Ford Mustang V6
Replaced radiator, radiator hoses, flushed block and heater core
Out: unknown green coolant
In: Havoline conventional green premix

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 V8
Replaced water pump and radiator hoses
Out: unknown orange coolant
In: Shop Pro Universal Yellow mixed 50/50 with distilled water

Had been meaning to swap coolant in the odyssey for a while now. Did it tonight in the dark because it’s super easy.

5C661E5D-54D7-410A-B27E-61997AA9940A.jpeg
29692F78-8288-4277-BB28-03040C4CEEA2.jpeg

Used regular Honda premix.

2015 Mitsubishi Lancer ES, 4B11 [NA] @ 97,442 mi

Did a quick and easy drain and distilled water flush of the radiator and reserve tank.

Out: Factory fill
In: ST OE Asian Blue (3.9qts of 7.4qt total capacity)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1.8
Replaced oil cooler to water outlet manifold pipe seals, replaced water outlet manifold, replaced heater hoses
Out: unknown orange coolant
In: Zerex Dexcool premix

2015 Mazda 5
Out: fairly fresh Pentosin A3 -- In: Air
THEN....
Out: Air -- In: new Pentosin A3
Ya, this is a trolling!
Had a loose upper radiator hose clamp that had the rez emptied by the time I saw it... maybe a week max since last check. Corrected it and refilled.
Problem with cars having that under-shield is that leaking fluids are not readily apparent on the garage floor.

2014 Sienna 180k
Out Toyota pink that was changed at some point I think. Had to change the radiator because of wind and a battery charger breaking the radiator Overflow tube.
In Toyota pink because I didn’t want to drive across town to buy the peak stuff and the Toyota dealer is closer. Only took a gallon and half.

On a side note the Toyota tow package radiator is cheaper than the non tow one and the only difference is the amount of rows. A trailer hitch is not an indication of having the tow package.

2012 F150 5.0 coyote

Did a complete cooling system flush. Replaced some clamps.
Filled with 1/2 gallon Prestone "all vehicles" concentrate, 1 gallon distilled water, 1 bottle Water Wetter.

Done quite a few lately. I picked up a '03 Camry with 140k miles on it and what looked like a mix of red and green coolant. So it got 3 drain and fills with distilled water, then filled with a slightly heavy mix or Zerex Asian Red, then, one last drain and fill with a 50/50 mix 5k miles later.
Then for the DexCool vehicles we have my '09 Silverado, my mom's '17 Equinox, and my grandpa's '13 Impala. 4 drain and fills with 50/50 Zerex DexCool. The 4th was because the Equinox radiator drain o-ring decided to split and not tell me until I started the car.

1998 Ford Mustang V6
Radiator replaced, just drain and refill
Out: unknown green coolant
In: Napa conventional green premix

I looked way down the pages for another post like this and came up with nothing... so here we go.

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
318 cdi.

out: a two year old mix of who knows what.

Water flush only.

In: 3gal O'reillys extended life universal formula.

Same. Didn't see a thread of "Post your latest coolant purchase" so I will share here.

The 2004 Taurus, the good-looking one. The drain and fills continue on the Ford, this after several of them with water and RMI-25, mindful to do math to keep close to 50/50. Coolant looks like V8 Vegetable Juice (anyone remember that stuff?) but definitely more "diluted"; time for some more of the proper coolant, not just water/RMI-25 diluting that down.

I pre-mix my own with empty water jugs before I pour it in, unless of course pouring it straight in completes the math. 50/50.

Partial drain and fills, maybe once more in cruddy up/down weather and maybe again in spring or summer to complete and see how far we have gotten away from a mix of OJ and V8 juice as cleaned coolant passages are held in suspension in coolant .

And that's $20.99 per, not for both. So $41.98.

Screenshot_20230316-123024_Chrome.jpg

98 Ranger
Out - IAT green
In - Prestone Max Cor-Guard

Replaced the T-stat with an Motorcraft, I made a slew of visits to Walmart and Whole Foods for distilled/DI water, the latter has DI for $.48/gallon, BYOB. It would have been G-05 if I did all the future servicing. I had to dummy-proof it from quick lubes, hence the Prestone.

Nothing fancy. Topped up the 2022 JD 318G skid steer with Cool Guard II at 504 hours. Early on she burped and the overflow was low but the rad level was in good shape.

I had looked at alternatives but surprisingly JD had it decently priced for a gallon of premix. Maybe cost two bucks more than a similar compatible product.

I have this Prestone Dexcool on tap for my next change. I could have gone to Prestone All Makes 10 year coolant but decided to stay with traditional Dexcool for my 2008 Suburban. The upcoming change will be the third change, one with every five years and the previous two were with Dexcool as well. Enjoy.

CECBA2CD-7A81-4FE2-A40B-E3017AD83A06.jpeg
AFAFE289-EB38-49CC-8D9D-7203A3CEBE8B.jpeg

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe
Freshly rebuilt 5.3 Vortec V8
Performed break in and initial test drive with regular shop water, changed it out for proper coolant
Out: water
In: Prestone Dexcool premix

$86 for 2 of the 2.5gal premix jugs. They didn't have any concentrate.

I removed my glass 1qt overflow and am putting in a 2qt glass decanter, so you don't see anything connected to the overflow here.

Origional radiator just used top tank as expansion, I converted to closed system.
20230408_181907.jpg

Lexus LS400: Toyota Long Life (FWIW, red) concentrate dilluted 50/50 with distilled water. Filled with ~10.0 quarts (11.6 qt. capacity).

Two gallons of coolant = $79.50 shipped (Amazon)

Back