Out: 6 qts OEM fill
In: Peak Asian Red

2007 Cadillac CTS, 143k miles
Out: Peak Long Life
In: Peak 10x Long Life

Replaced water pump

20220308_061055.jpg

Last edited:
2014 Mercedes CLA250 4MATIC got the car at exactly 100k on the odo. Changed every fluid on the car

Out - Unknown very dark blue with a hint of green when held up to the light in a clear container coolant tester said protecting to somewhere in the -20 range ...... removed resivour and hoses flushed with hot water from the shop hose until completely clear blew out everything with low pressure air hose

In - Peak Euro violet about 2 quarts of pure concentration and the rest premix 50/50
New resivour and cap due to previous hands had tightened the cap far past the stop point and broke the cap stopper off..... coolant tester shows in the - 30 range color is nice and clean

Wanted to go Liqui Moly violet on the coolant but it was not as convenient to source as the Peak also had gallons of the Peak Global in the gold bottle in the shop for other vehicles but was convinced here on BITOG to go Euro violet now I have a partial to add to my collection😁

2002 Chevrolet Impala
3.4 V6
Timing cover gasket replacement
Out: water
In: gallon and a half of Prestone Dexcool premix

1966 Ford Mustang
200 inline 6
Water pump replacement, also flushed block, heater core and radiator
Out: unknown green coolant
In: Carquest conventional green full strength mixed 50/50 with distilled water, Redline Water Wetter

Honda Fit GE6
10 year, 30k miles.

honda type 2 coolant not readily available, so i used toyota super long life coolant (PINK) instead.

Attachments

• A93F1F9E-DAA9-4E9B-A834-C954BE8A84CD.jpg
    A93F1F9E-DAA9-4E9B-A834-C954BE8A84CD.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 7
2009 Prius
Out - GC(same as Toyota OE fill)and Zerex Asian pink
In - Prestone Cor-Guard green/yellow, like the new Ford stuff.

2016 Toyota Avalon 96,000 miles

Out - Factory
In - Peak Original Equipment Asian (on sale for $10 bucks a gallon at Walmart). Was planning on using Toyota Super Long Life but i mean, I was able to buy the Peak at half the cost. Usually I never go aftermarket BUT at $10 bucks?? That’s insane! This stuff is usually $20 bucks. And Toyota’s stuff is usually $24.

2017 Honda Pilot Elite AWD with 9-speed ZF tranny. Drained factory coolant at the 5 year mark and refilled with SuperTech Extended 50/50. Dealer quoted $200 just to replace 2 gallons of coolant. Honda must've designed this to be a pain in the neck in order to drive people to the dealerships.

1997 Dodge Ram 1500
5.9 Magnum V8
Water pump, thermostat and several hoses replaced
In: Prime Guard conventional green premix

1991 Ford F-150
5.0 V8
Intake gasket and radiator replacement job
Out: dirty brown coolant
In: Water
Ran it about 45 minutes
In: 2 gallons AutoZone universal green full strength, 2 gallons water

2006 Toyota Matrix, 171k miles, flushed w distilled water (4.5 gallons).
Out: Toyota pink, looked clean
In: prestone all makes all models 10year concentrate measured to approx 50/50

1995 GMC Yukon
5.7 TBI V8
Head gasket replacement job
While it was apart I power flushed the radiator, block and heater core. Initial fill was just water, then did a drain and fill with antifreeze.
Out: dirty brown coolant, water
In about a 50/50 mix of AutoZone universal green full strength and water

2017 Honda Accord hybrid changed out the radiator and the inverter with peak blue Asian coolant. 2010 f150 got a Valvoline multi vehicle drain and fill.

Back