Positive Vredestein Customer Support Experience & Tire Protectant

I have Vredestein Sprint Classic or Sprint+ tires on three of our fun cars. I am very satisfied overall but noticed that the tires exude a heavier than usual amount of wax when first used and it is a bit tougher to clean....I know, file this under First World Problems :). On a lark, I emailed Vredestein USA to see if they had any recommendations and they responded in less than a day requesting pictures and details, and the discussion culminated in this response from them (I added the emphasis):

"This is a type of wax that is used in the sidewall and tread compound. This wax is used to protect the tire from aging, (Sidewall cracks, ozone etc.).
When you see the tire turning brown that is the wax releasing from the matrix. This is normal, we actual want that wax to be released over the life of the tire. Under normal circumstances this browning is released then as the tire is used it sort of dissipates (For a lack of a better word). This is why normal tires that get used everyday do not really get brown. The agent is released from the Matrix, goes to the outside and protects as it gets used up. Since your cars do not see daily driving, the wax builds up and builds up.

This is where the factory guys came in on this. I spoke with the actual chemist who is responsible for the rubber compounding. We spoke about ways to remove this brownish appearance.

R&D a few years ago bought all sorts of different tire cleaners. They did a study on what we found to work best.
This is not a product endorsement, but they stated that the No Touch Tire Shine was the best to clean and it has compounds that minimize tire aging.

He has had good luck with using this in the past to diminish the browning appearance of the tire. They also found that it did help with minimizing the tire ageing. I would like to suggest that you tire the Tire No Touch, to see if this will help with your brown sidewalls.

He suggested to use per the directions, spray it on and let it do it’s thing. Please let me know your luck with trying this. I have a feeling you will have to use this every so often to minimize the browning.
"

I will admit to being a bit surprised both at the quick turnaround on my inquiry as well as the thoroughness and depth of their response, and suggestions. More reasons why I like Vredestein. I'm off to get some No Touch Tire Shine!

Interesting 🤔
I assume this brand of products?

This original, patented formula established the one-step tire care category. No Touch® Tire Care leaves a rich, satin finish and a protective barrier that prevents surface cracking and discoloration while helping to repel dirt, dust, and moisture.

Available Size: 18oz. and 21oz.

Use only per directions:

Shake well before use. From 6 inches away spray evenly to sidewall in one circular motion. Allow to dissolve, penetrate and dry (10-15 minutes). NO TOUCH® Tire Care can be applied effectively to wet tires and other rubber surfaces (i.e. bumpers, mud flaps, trim). Do not spray on brake rotors, brake drums, floors or motorcycle tires and seats. Also avoid direct contact on O.E. rims and custom wheels. If oversprayed onto painted metal or wheel surfaces, simply wipe off upon contact. Wash excessively dirty tires first.

NOTE:

Excess residue from tires can spot driveway. To avoid, rinse driveway immediately after use.

1717525427758.jpg

Interesting 🤔
I assume this brand of products?

This original, patented formula established the one-step tire care category. No Touch® Tire Care leaves a rich, satin finish and a protective barrier that prevents surface cracking and discoloration while helping to repel dirt, dust, and moisture.

Available Size: 18oz. and 21oz.

Use only per directions:

Shake well before use. From 6 inches away spray evenly to sidewall in one circular motion. Allow to dissolve, penetrate and dry (10-15 minutes). NO TOUCH® Tire Care can be applied effectively to wet tires and other rubber surfaces (i.e. bumpers, mud flaps, trim). Do not spray on brake rotors, brake drums, floors or motorcycle tires and seats. Also avoid direct contact on O.E. rims and custom wheels. If oversprayed onto painted metal or wheel surfaces, simply wipe off upon contact. Wash excessively dirty tires first.

NOTE:

Excess residue from tires can spot driveway. To avoid, rinse driveway immediately after use.

View attachment 223118
Hi, yes. The white can, second from left is the specific one they referenced. Their response included a picture which I did not include.

After sitting at a friend's shop for a week waiting for some OE parts. These tires are only four weeks old and the brown decreases drastically after two or three cleaning cycles. Minor issue with an otherwise excellent tire. Car needs a bath...I just got her home.
VSplusb62024.jpg

Last edited:
Back