Port St Lucie Police Foundation donates bike to dedicated Dunkin Donuts Employee

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
There is a bunch to like in this story.

I like the part about David the most, walking 45 minutes twice a day to work at Dunkin Donuts.

PSLPD Donates Bicycle to Dedicated Dunkin' Donuts Employee

Meet David, a dedicated DD employee, who walks 45 minutes each way to work, 6 days a week. Officer Boyd would see David walking each day and immediately wanted to help. Officer Boyd worked together with the Port St. Lucie Police Foundation to have a brand new bicycle donated for David.

Officer Boyd assembled the bicycle on his day off and presented it to David today with the assistance of Sergeant Voegtlin and Officer Seeley. David was also given a helmet, lights, and a lock for his new bicycle.

David was very appreciative of the bicycle and is looking forward to using it for work, shopping, and going to the movies! Thank You Officer Boyd for going above and beyond in helping David.

275378093_286604230254642_2388112988263869808_n.jpg

I should add, my best friend from High School might share some characteristics of David.

My high school buddy and I shared the same birthday. He was a scrapper, great attitude, loved people, loved life. He was a business owner. In his 20s, my buddy came home from work and parked in his condo parking lot. He saw three guys breaking into a car. He challenged these three guys. One of the guys stabbed my buddy in the head with a screwdriver, went into his brain. He was left for dead, and was in a coma for weeks.

My buddy, now in his late 50s, is permanently at age 12-15 mentally. His Wife ended up committing suicide a few years after he was attacked. He now bags groceries and is a dishwasher. From a successful business owner in his early 20s, to bagging groceries. About 20 years ago, I took my buddy to Six Flags. My buddy looks like and is a older adult man, but his mind thinks he is in his young teens. He would talk to teen girls while we waited in long lines to get on a ride. Caused some issues. I learned a lot from what happened to my buddy.

Life is not always fair.

GON, Touching story, no doubt. I cannot help to think about the people who did that to your buddy.....in that there is going to be a special place in Hell for them. Animal and elderly folk abusers also rank high on that list. I am guessing that Putin either does not believe in the afterlife, or has never thought about it, but with my beliefs he is surely going to find out.

Back