POLL!!! Quaker State VS Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this poll is starting to get interesting. Both are find with me. Heck, I'm running both (napa syn by ashland/QSUD) right now.

I'd slide toward QS, based on the fact that my family has ran it for years with no issues at all.

Sludge my rear....

I prefer Valvoline Synpower 5W-20 in my Camry Hybrid. I've used QS Ultimate Durability before when they were handing out those rebates. The start-up was a little noisier (1st .5 seconds) in the morning. My car starts up smoother with Valvoline. Plus, I signed up with their 300,000 miles engine warranty. So, even though QSUD is about $5 cheaper per 5 quarts, I still use Valvoline Synpower.

With that said, my engine burns Valvoline Synpower more so than any other oil, even Mobil 1. I'm not sure if it's the oil or the age of my car (101,000 miles). Anyway, I'm losing about a half a quart every 4,000 miles, when I typically only lose a third of that every 4,000 miles.

johnny west, i too would choose valavoline, but you said your car burns synpower yet doesnt other brands, idk how long youve been on synpower so it may stop consumption. But if it doesnt, id switch. I assume the reason your sold on synpwr is the 300k warranty. and theres millions of loop holes, and ive yet to see an engine fail due soely to lube when maintained properly, so in my book that warranty is pure marketing

Valvoline, JMO.
grin.gif

I've used it twice so far, and I'm on my 3rd oil change with Synpower. The reason why I bought 15 quarts (my car needs 4.5 quarts per oil change) was because they were $21.50/5Q and I received a $20 rebate.

Yes, the only reason why I'm using Synpower now is because of the 300k warranty. However, since Walmart just increased the price of Synpower to $25.50/5Q and I no longer have any Synpower stash left, I may switch again. I'm thinking Mobile 1 0W-20 since Walmart recently just started offering in 5Q jugs, according to what another member just said.

There are loopholes with any warranty but I tend to stay on the aggressive side when it comes to consumer rights.

Quaker State. I have used both QS & Valvoline in my 05 Silverado, & it seems to like QS better.QS green bottle for $1.99 a qt is great too.

It looks like the Poll allows multiple votes, please vote multiple times if you are using various brands of oils in your vehicles currently but don't vote multiple times for the same brand.

Its not going to be used for any statistical data but entertainment only.

I like Quaker State green bottle, but if the price was the same, I would choose Valvoline white bottle. I think Valvoline has a better additive package.

If it was synthetic, I would choose QSUD over Synpower. I get more oil consumption with Synpower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back