POLL!!! Quaker State VS Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: meangreen01
QS. Valvoline add-packs don't impress me to pay the extra $$$

Not knocking what you said here. And maybe its even true...but many have said an oil company could use many adds that dont show up on a UOA, so how can anyone ERALLY know if it is weak?

Quaker State. Valvolines updated SN specs still have the older Ford approvals listed. Not the newer WSS M2C945(6)-A. Quaker State has the newer ones. I saw the same older specs on the Valvoline SN bottles at Walmart too.

Last edited:
QS, anytime I have run it in my 4 wheel vehicles they run like real smooth. I have 5K on a fill of QSUD right now and hate to drain it, but warranty dictates it, at least for another 20K. OTOH my 20 year old BMW cycle loves Valvoline Maxlife.

Originally Posted By: kender
Quaker State. Valvolines updated SN specs still have the older Ford approvals listed. Not the newer WSS M2C945(6)-A. Quaker State has the newer ones. I saw the same older specs on the Valvoline SN bottles at Walmart too.

I don't think it's fair to judge one vs the other based on what approval listing they are on. All the major brands will be of the same listing at some point. Different companies just do it at different times at their own pace. Valvoline will most certainly end up having the newer WSS M2C945 (6)-A. Mobil and Sopus have the big bucks so they just get there sooner.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mark72
Originally Posted By: kender

I don't think it's fair to judge one vs the other based on son is fair what approval listing they are on. All the major brands will be of the same listing at some point. Different companies just do it at different times at their own pace. Valvoline will most certainly end up having the newer WSS M2C945 (6)-A. Mobil and Sopus have the big bucks so they just get there sooner.

It's a poll. I picked one over the other and gave a reason why.I don't care if you think my reason is fair or not.

That's true...
smile.gif
I guess the word "fair" was not the right place to put that... I should have just said it doesn't make sense to pick one over the other based on those approval ratings. It's fair to do whatever you want, even kill someone...so long as you suffer the consequences...but wouldn't make sense considering conequences could really s u c k

Last edited:
I would like to see a new thread....Valvoline Vs Castrol. Both are high sodium products. Some have said their add packs are similar.

I would like to see a new thread....Valvoline Vs Castrol. Both are high sodium products. Some have said their add packs are similar.

i have yet to see a single voa of VWB with sodium in it. where is this coming from?

lol

valvoline

That's true...
smile.gif
I guess the word "fair" was not the right place to put that... I should have just said it doesn't make sense to pick one over the other based on those approval ratings. It's fair to do whatever you want, even kill someone...so long as you suffer the consequences...but wouldn't make sense considering conequences could really s u c k

LOL! Well if you think my reason doesn't make sense, then I'll pick Quaker State because I like the smell better. Oh, and because I like the green bottle over the white one.
smile.gif

I must agree, it is fun to have convo of x vs y oil. All of us know that they all will give you the same end result for the most part. But it's like we here at BITOG continue to discuss one brand vs another because we are searching for that fountain of youth and deep down we all want to see and hear something concrete that affirms the oil of our choosing. Oh, and yes, I think I'm a little bit crazy. After all, don't your family members find it odd that you are so fascinated by motor oil...?? LOL I've been caught reading this site at work by a buddy of mine who works on the same team as me, and whenever he comes into work, he announces out loud.."Mark..how's Bob this morning?".. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back