Please Read: BITOG forums migrating to Xenforo

Originally Posted by MN Driver
ok, so I'm confused on what the Display Name is because the email suggests it won't be my existing user name? ..but wouldn't it be the same? MN Driver appears to be my display name and it's not customizable. It's also my user name here now, is it not the same for some people?

Xenforo will not use your current UBB USERNAME. Xenforo will use your current UBB DISPLAY NAME as your login. Your UBB username and display name may be the same, if that's how you signed up.

I don't see any display name info in my Member Profile (or) Preferences. There's only Username and we are not allowed to change it.
Why can't we change Username sometime this week, prior to the new format/installation?

Originally Posted by wwillson
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Didn't the software get upgraded a few months ago?

August 2019 was a UBBThreads point upgrade.

Which means...what?

Didn't the software get upgraded a few months ago?

August 2019 was a UBBThreads point upgrade.

Which means...what?

It means we did a minor upgrade to UBBThreads

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I'd like to change my user name and still keep my long-standing post count.

Will be interesting to see if post counts make the transition. I've seen migrations where they aren't able to.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I'd like to change my user name and still keep my long-standing post count.

Will be interesting to see if post counts make the transition. I've seen migrations where they aren't able to.

The migration will retain post counts.

I don't see any display name info in my Member Profile (or) Preferences. There's only Username and we are not allowed to change it.
Why can't we change Username sometime this week, prior to the new format/installation?

I previously stated that if you want your display name change, to PM me.

I don't see any display name info in my Member Profile (or) Preferences.

Currently, in UBB, display name is what is seen on the forum, next to each post you make. Display name may or may not be the same as your login name.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

Currently, in UBB, display name is what is seen on the forum, next to each post you make. Display name may or may not be the same as your login name.

Yup, some people it might be, but my login name is completely different than what everyone else sees here.

Wayne, will this be a problem for users who have a space in their Display Name? Like Mr Nice and Quattro Pete?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Well goody gum drops does that mean you're going to turn us loose like adults and let us edit our post for more than 30 milliseconds after we've posted?

Yes - you will have 3.14159265 seconds.

Originally Posted by gizzsdad
Well goody gum drops does that mean you're going to turn us loose like adults and let us edit our post for more than 30 milliseconds after we've posted?

The default in XF is 2 hours, we will leave it there.

Originally Posted by Nick1994

Yup, some people it might be, but my login name is completely different than what everyone else sees here.

Wayne, will this be a problem for users who have a space in their Display Name? Like Mr Nice and Quattro Pete?

No problem at all

Post migration, your login ID (user name) will be the same as your current display name, so gizzsdad, in your case.

Thanks!!

[Linked Image]

Just realized one of the car forums I hang out on is running Xenforo, which I really like after getting use to it. It's really nice and efficient ... should be a great upgrade for BITOG. Thanks for all those involved in the upgrade.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Good luck in XF
smile.gif
Will we still have the same smileys?
45.gif
lol.gif

I have to say the smileys here are much better. Not corny looking or anything this one is my fav!!
grin2.gif

Here are a few:

https://xenforo.com/community/help/smilies/

Here are some I see on other forums:

[Linked Image from iili.io]

Originally Posted by gizzsdad

The default in XF is 2 hours, we will leave it there.

Just a reminder that your first posting of text may be seen by people with quick responses so I would definitely preview my post before submitting.

Back