Please post your high energy drinks and nutritional supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by das_peikko
Originally Posted by PimTac
Did you get that leg fixed yet?

That's going to be a pricey fix. I'm going to need medical insurance I think; either that or find a way to get rich fast.

Never signed up for Obamacare?

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by 4WD
You need potassium and magnesium to avoid muscle cramps …

Suggestions?

Bananas.

You need a well balanced diet with lots of fruit and vegetables, a bit of carbs, fat, and protein from various sources.

You might take a bit of Vitamin D unless you're going to get a lot of sunshine - oh wait, yes you are

Get enough sleep and drink plenty of water.

You asked for advice. That's it.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Take Creatine. Its safe and allows greater muscle mass.
Also HMB, again very safe.
Other than that, take:
1. Sublingual B12 -- any small pill amount is fine, you can't overdose this.
2. Omega3 fish oil pills --- 2 grams per day
3. Vitamin D3 - 2,000 iu per day
4. Beet powder capsules
5. Turmeric powder capsules
6. Chlorella powder capsules
7. and one Alive multi-vitamin multi-mineral combo tablet per day
8. Glucoseamine pills for your joint lubrication
(((For the veggie powder capsules, "NOW Foods" on Amazon is a solid source of this.)))

Then get some olive oil in your diet a few times a week, choose Smart Balance healthy margarine, drink whey protein powder drinks (1 or 2 per day at snack time).
Beyond that, just eat lean meats and veggies, skip the fruit, kind of like the South Beach Diet.

Drink some coffee or drink 1 Rockstar Recovery or Monster Rehab (both low sugar) drinks for cafeinnation.

I'm 72 and trying to remember the above would wear me out.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by 4WD

Suggestions?

Bananas.

Before, while or after you experience cramps?

Coffee is cheap but works. Most work places will let you keep a pot brewed all day long and not blink an eye about it -- they'll probably even pay for it.

If you drink it plain then it's zero calorie, zero sugar.

I just sip on this daily before during workouts running , biking and weightlifting
Scivation
Xtened
BCAAs
Never cramp better recovery and increase sustained intensity.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
I grew up on a farm. You had to be in the field all day long during harvest time with minimal breaks. Normal whole food, home cooked and plenty of water was more than enough to keep the energy up.

I would avoid sugars, cafeene and similar boosters like a plague.

This!

Remember it will take a couple weeks to get used to the new job. I always did hurt for a while when I started a new job. It's natural.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by 4WD

Suggestions?

Bananas.

Before, while or after you experience cramps?

In the morning with breakfast.

Yes, I work in an environment that reaches 150-160*F on a continuous basis during the day; water, water, water, and more water is going to be the one thing that keeps you going for the day. After that, you want to eat light fruits and veggies, especially ones high in water; no heavy, fatty meals before going to work or during the heat of the day. These will cause you to fold up faster than a cheap lawn chair.

We tried something like "wilderness electrolytes" or something like that that was designed by "extreme athletes" which some of the guys liked, but it's fairly pricey and probably not worth much if you're peeing clear/light yellow. Stick to whole foods, no energy drinks, maybe one Gatorade per day if you must for flavor. Dress in light colored clothing if out in the sun, and always gravitate to shade when you've got the opportunity. Get the biggest-brimmed hat you can find to keep as much direct sun as possible off your neck/body. If you're in a very hot, humid environment all day, every little bit will help keep you off the ambulance. Then, keep an eye out for your fellow workers. Most won't pay this much attention to their personal care, and their lives may depend on your preparedness if they succumb to heat stroke.

Whole foods (the more color the better) will do more for your general health than any pill will.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Take Creatine. Its safe and allows greater muscle mass.
Also HMB, again very safe.
Other than that, take:
1. Sublingual B12 -- any small pill amount is fine, you can't overdose this.
2. Omega3 fish oil pills --- 2 grams per day
3. Vitamin D3 - 2,000 iu per day
4. Beet powder capsules
5. Turmeric powder capsules
6. Chlorella powder capsules
7. and one Alive multi-vitamin multi-mineral combo tablet per day
8. Glucoseamine pills for your joint lubrication
(((For the veggie powder capsules, "NOW Foods" on Amazon is a solid source of this.)))

Then get some olive oil in your diet a few times a week, choose Smart Balance healthy margarine, drink whey protein powder drinks (1 or 2 per day at snack time).
Beyond that, just eat lean meats and veggies, skip the fruit, kind of like the South Beach Diet.

Drink some coffee or drink 1 Rockstar Recovery or Monster Rehab (both low sugar) drinks for cafeinnation.

On the vitamin bottles look for the USP label next to the brand like on NatureMade.
https://www.usp.org/verification-services/verified-mark
I take Fish Oil BID,B-Complex,Magnesium and a Multi-V everyday. Also 9.0 pH + on water to keep the acid down as O blood type have higher acidity.

Consider getting some pre-work before, or in the middle of your shift to keep you going!

speggetti and meatballs. Plenty of sleep,

I also did good with a pound of beef and hamburger helper for dinner when I did physical work in my early 20s.

Eat real butter, eat avocados, eat banana and peanut butter sandwiched. Eat vegetables. Your just goi g to have to eat a lot if you are active. Eat enough protein. Try to eat 150-200 grams a day depending on your weight maybe more.
Stay hydrated drink water more than you are now,

Avoid alcohol before workdays
Drink some coffee if you want,
Just drink water too

Get plenty of rest. Sleep deficit will hurt your recovery from work more than anything else.

I take whey protein to supplement my protein because I train powerlifting. But if you are eating a variety of sources it really isn't neccesary.

I think a good food based multivitamin/probiotic tablet and some calcium Magnesium Zinnemann combo tablets are helpful too.

And also remember the sunblock too if you're out in the sun a lot. When I do use it,I buy Neutrogena SPF 100+.

OP/Das_peikko,

lay off the ibuprofen.

When you get off work go into homedepot/harbor freight and buy a back brace in your size.
Also, since you like to be on the internet, search the PROPER SAFE lift techniques.
Comfortable + breathable shoes/short boots (ankle support!)
While lunch break, make it a habit to drink fluids, decompress (Happy thoughts) and massage hurtful muscles.
Check any used stores around you for wide hats. Breathable please.

Cold shower in the morning after wake up, alternate cold and warm shower in evening, before bed, to help with recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back