Please ID this Flying R/C Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
x1.jpg

x2.jpg

x3.jpg

This flying wing thing appears top have one pull prop. It resembles a Snowspeeder from TESB remotely.

Does anybody who makes this model?

Well, this is in fact another one of MarkC's games!

Check out the engine. In the bottom shot the engine projects much farther forward than it does in the other two images. The different point of view and observation angle doesn't really explain this...

This looks almost like a craft that can function as a watercraft and as a plane.

Flying wings are fun. Remember the fictitious flying wing in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

First thought was pontoon, dinner tray, and sled....didn't google me anything.

came across people building remote ROTLA planes, and got diverted in 40s and 50s stuff. (Just like I used to spend a day at the library, walking the shelves)

MarkC took the pictures. I can't even guess the model's size. If that's a landing gear made with wire struts midship, then the model can't be very large. Maybe it has a 2' wingspan? No idea if it's a kit or scratch-built.

Since it's such a fancy design, I'd expect some matching fancy actuators and not cables and pulleys. But who knows? Mark will have to go back and hijack that plane.
grin2.gif

I want this.

That B52 "no can do" manoeuver being replicated was the ultimate in youtube experiences.

A bunch of people died doing it live, and they decided to replicate it in cash paid for models.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Since it's such a fancy design, I'd expect some matching fancy actuators and not cables and pulleys. But who knows? Mark will have to go back and hijack that plane.
grin2.gif

I want this.

I want that thing too. Wonder if there's a 747 model that size.

I see it advertised on TV 2-3 times a week. Radio controlled electric motor powered, 3 easy payments of 29.95 + S&H, or something like that. Can't think what it's called now. Operates on water and in the air.

There is also a Helio version. Same company...

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I see it advertised on TV 2-3 times a week. Radio controlled electric motor powered, 3 easy payments of 29.95 + S&H, or something like that. Can't think what it's called now. Operates on water and in the air.

Are you thinking of the Air Hogs Storm Launcher?

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Are you thinking of the Air Hogs Storm Launcher?

Yup. That's it.

Operates on water and in the air.

I was right!
grin2.gif

The Storm Launcher looks different. It has a lifting body with two engines, dual vertical stabilizers and larger skids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back