Please help identifying a bearing

Rebuilding a transfer case.
Seems this bearing doesn't exist anymore?
Contacted SKF and multiple bearing sellers, nobody really has a clue and I can tell that by seeing how they suggest I buy an improper bearing.
Even with my limited knowledge I can tell they're suggesting something that's clearly not right, I.e. this bearing has a groove for a circlip, and they suggest me a regular bearing without it.

I've kinda figured out a lot of it, just wanted to validate and double check.

6011 ntn9/c3d7vb344

6011 - size
N - snap ring groove
TN9 - Glass fibre reinforced PA66 cage, ball centred (does this still exist? Can't find it anywhere)

Now for the letters after the dash, do they mean anything?
I.e.

C3 - Radial internal clearance greater than Normal

Deep Groove | VB344 Boundary Dimension Deviation

What does D7 mean?

I found a similar bearing, but it doesn't seem to be C3 version, so I'm not sure if it's suitable?
6011nr-skf

Below is the picture of the original I'm replacing.

Would really appreciate some help!
20231102_121644.jpg

It is probably proprietary to the vehicle or transfer-case manufacturer, which is why SKF "can't" help. Maybe try the equipment manufacturer.

Frankly, in a pinch I would try any quality bearing that matches the outside, inside, and thickness, and any special features. You might not have much choice. Was a circlip actually used in the application? If not, you don't need the groove.

Yes cirplip is used and is needed.
I found thus bearing, very similar

NR stands for circlip groove with circlip included. N would be just a groove, no circlip.

But I'm also wondering if my bearing (original) is 3C? 3C is after the dash, so I'm not sure if that matters.

If it needs 3C, then I can't find SKF 3C NR, but I can find NSK, which is probably ok as well.

These are the closest choices I narrowed down for now after hours of research...

There may be a bearing supply store in your area or you can use whatever matches the dimensions and is a good brand.

I tried all the major transmission and drive train shops in Calgary. Nobody has it.
Some of them are so clueless that they said all bearings are C3 (which is patently incorrect).
Emailed bmw and skf, no luck.
At this point it's be great to at least just understand the naming convention/abbreviation of the old bearing.

https://shem.com.ua/shop/8160/imgs/podshipnik-razdatki-bmw-nv125-skf-6011-n-tn9-c3d7vb344

Only thing I found and I had to have the website translated.. Not sure if there is any info there you don't have

This close?

Last edited:
Look on the McMaster-Carr web site.

Before Amazon McMaster-Carr used to be the largest customer for UPS. They have a special deal with UPS. They get a very low rate and extremely fast shipping. And they passed that low rate on to their customers. Quite often you end up getting the item you ordered delivered to your doorstep the next day. And if not almost always by the second day. Mcmaster-car has a huge selection of bearings. It's very likely they will have any bearing you're looking for.

Back