Please help an Aussie--Delo 400 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you guys can give me some good advice on diesel oils for motorcycles:
Has anyone been using delo 400 15w-40 multi in sport bikes?
This oil is prefixed chl-4PLUS.
Because the PLUS is not rated c-4 Alison,has anyone had any clutch slip in sport bikes?I think moly etc was added to the blend for the PLUS stuff?
Any thoughts would be very much appreciated as in Aussie we dont use these oils in bikes,so we havnt the relevant knowledge base(oil company marketing strategies at work--perhaps?).
PS:The reason I picked the Delo 400, is that its exactly the same blend that you guys in the States use, and its also readily available here.
My bike is a Superhawk 2007.Im just after a good high quality mineral oil(which I suspect this stuff is).The only hesitation I have is the possible clutch issue?
Or am I concerned about nothing---------------please say yes---
Dont worry-be happy?????
I normally change engine oils at around 3500klms.
Thanks in advance for your time-
Cheers-Eric NSW Australia

Delo is a good oil but the new formula has alot of moly in it...Some folks use it without an issue with the clutch...

i have not used the delo 400 or mobil delvac 1300 super 15w40's but do have a gallon of each totry out eventually. I have used rotella 5w40 and 15w40 with great results. Dont think you would have any issues with any hdeo (rotella, chevron, mobil delvac, castrol tection, pennzoil long life, etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back