Planning any recipes? Cookout ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting for a good night to get another outdoor round going; if you or your wife, someone you know cooks and you've got any ideas you'd like to share or need help filling in the last bits, making revisions, etc., you're in the right place. Stuff you've made before would be helpful, but I'm just brainstorming for whatever sounds good right now. Themes are nice. I really just like talking about it too.
56.gif
55.gif

Mini steak sandwiches seem like a nice idea, maybe on little brioche buns with either fried or sauteed onions. Figure I'd use something like thinly sliced filets, maybe a light marinade of some sort. I could have 2 or 3 squeeze bottles with different sauces in them, one maybe a white cream sauce, one maybe more a traditional steak sauce, and one either a green chili or even something like a wasabi.

Then some kind of a blue cheese and tarragon or chive potato salad, melon slices if I can find some good ones (I've gotten very lucky a few times even this early in the year), and then I'm trying to find something to snack on and another side that's not a salad but has some acidity. I'm thinking either grilled asparagus with a gremolata butter (too rich with everything else?) or something with kale. I could do this and just leave out the shallots. Break out the paper plates!
grin2.gif

Julian Child, I think you should try a horseradish cream sauce that would go well with the mini steak sandwiches.

I'm trying to avoid the imagery that goes along with the Julian Child construct. It's not easy...

By the way, you can use Bèchamel sauce and add finely ground or puréed horseradish to make horseradish cream sauce in a jiffy. Also, leeks go very well with horseradish sauce.

What, me as an old lady throwing things on the floor?
LOL.gif
Bèchamel hmmm? Yes. I usually make mine without the accént mark.

I had a fantastic steak sandwich that was topped with a deli-style dijon mustard. It sounded unusual in the menu but the flavor combination was ideal. It might be something to try.

I found what seemed to be the exact mustard made by "French's" in a clear squeeze deli style mustard bottle.

I really recommend it.

I serve baked potatoe salad at some of our get togethers. Slice baked potatoe (skins on). Mix mayo, a little ranch dressing, sour cream, dill, crumbled bacon. Pour over potatoes and toss lightly. Let flavors blend and serve.

I got a recipe from Paula Deans cooking show for home made Mac & Cheese and it's awesome...

I also am good with anything on the BBQ. I have been to cook-offs with friends/family and I always do the best steaks, burgers and any other red meat!
grin2.gif

Other good things I make are: An awesome chili and Curry Chicken

I consider myself an awesome cook based on what everyone tells me.

"Roasted corn on the cob with Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise."
A Paula Dean recipe, and we make this all the time, VERy GOOD!

PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 10 Min
READY IN 20 Min
Original recipe yield 5 ears of corn

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup mayonnaise
5 ears corn, husk and silk removed
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Brush a thin layer of mayonnaise on each ear of corn. Sprinkle the corn with the Parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Wrap each ear with aluminum foil and place on the grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until the kernels begin to brown, about 10 minutes.

20.gif
That sounds good... I like how Paula Dean said on Oprah, "I'm your cook, not your doctor" when asked if her recipe was good for your health...
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back