PIT BOSS PELLET GRILL

I had been researching small pellet grills for a couple of weeks and narrowed it down to the Pit Boss 540 for $300.00 at Wallyworld and the Pit Boss 600 Pro
( Lowe's exclusive) for $350.00 and when I went to Lowe's to take a look at it the grill was on clearance for 50% off.
Too good of a deal to pass up.
So...just an FYI for anyone looking for a small pellet grill.

Merry Christmas to me!!!

My wife wasn't as thrilled as I was as I currently have (rarely used) off set smoker, a 22" Weber kettle, a Weber Go Anywhere, 2 gas grills and a Masterbuilt 30" electric smokehouse at home and a 30" Masterbuilt electric smokehouse and a Chargriller Duo 550 at our lake house.

Hope to get the pellet grill assembled this weekend and do the burn in.
Can't wait to give it a try.

Enjoy! Pellet smokers aren't exactly for the BBQ enthusiasts, but they're so good for everyone and everything else.

Avoid Traeger pellets. Some of the best brands that I've found are LumberJack pellets, Bear Mountain, B&B, and Cookinpellets. Another brand that's under the radar due to limited flavors, but Knotty Wood is really good stuff, too. They only offer almond and plum wood pellets, but those pellets burn really well and don't leave a bunch of ash. The quality of the cook will depend heavily on the quality of the pellets, so try out different brands and flavors until you find one you like best.

Thanks.

I do plan on trying different flavor pellets. Gonna try some chicken first as it is relatively cheap.
The only pellets that Lowe's had was mesquite and I have some steaks in the freezer.

Back