Pink Dexcool in 2007 Pontiac G6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad bought a Pontiac G6 a year ago, and I saw that the coolant jug was filled with pink stuff, and it stated to use Dexcool. I thought all Dexcool was orange in color, as it was in my 2003 Saturn ION. Has something serious changed? Does new ACDelco coolant also come dyed pink?

I am not too famliar with the G6, look at the engine or look at the Mfg. sticker on the driver's door. Could be a joint Toyota/GM build (like the Vibe).

The G6 is an Epsilon chassis, like the Malibu, it's all GM.

My 2006 Saab 93 is filled with pink coolant, it's supposed to be Dex-Cool and that's what Saab dealers refill it with.

Depending on the supplier, the color of the fluid may be different. I think the Texaco DexCool is orange, while the Prestone version (silver jug) is RED.

that's what we need another color coolant confusion.
pat2.gif

maybe that's why my Pontiac Vibe coolant is pink. I assumed since it's a matrix clone it was toyota super long life coolant, but now that their are dexcool coolants that are pink now. manual says to use dexcool too.
confused.gif

I have bought 4 new GM cars in the past 36 months. All had the red dexcool...
2004 Pontiac GTO RED
2007 Silverado RED
2008 Cobalt RED
2006 Pontiac G6 RED

Interesting... Brian's 06 saab 9-3 has pink coolant OE, my 04 has orange. Ive had reasons to believe that the OE saab coolant isnt exactly dexcool anyway...

Unsure...

JMH

I do not believe saab europe was using texaco or prestone as their OE fills anyway.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back