Pieced together lawn boy 2 cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool! Love those old 2-strokes. Just mowed tonight with my Silver Series 4.75hp.

I had a Silver Series 10201 with the V series engine on it. It was rough and noisey, but that thing would chew through thick grass, heavy weeds, and small saplings! It was a beast of a powerhouse until the connecting rod snapped in half. Still looking for another Lawn Boy, but one with the aluminum deck. My aluminum deck John Deere 14SB weighs 111 lbs dry, and I want something a little lighter!

L8R,
Matt

Cool!

Repurposing and keeping old equipment alive and working is a lot more satisfying than just buying more stuff.

Very nice.

I've always liked the brick top engines, but have never seen one in the wild.

They used this engine on a snowblower called the "Snowboy." One came up for sale and was gone in a matter of days IIRC.

I'm selling a lawnboy 8241 for $100 right now.

it needs a carb adjustment its running rich
it makes a fogbank after it runs for 10min.. but nothing bad.. no rotted underdeck muffler or anything serious.
Eventually I'll fix it and ask more for it.. but I've lost interest in it.. and want it out of the shed currently.
Has good features, self propelled, blade clutch etc.

Bought from a little old lady's estate sale it sat in her garage for 20 years after her husband died.

Originally Posted By: Langanobob
Good for you! What oil and mix are you running in that old thing?

I'm running 16:1 this engine calls for it and it is not a good idea to use less oil this engine uses bronze bushings instead of roller bearings
the oil i use is evinrude/johnson xd 30.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I'm selling a lawnboy 8241 for $100 right now.

it needs a carb adjustment its running rich
it makes a fogbank after it runs for 10min.. but nothing bad.. no rotted underdeck muffler or anything serious.
Eventually I'll fix it and ask more for it.. but I've lost interest in it.. and want it out of the shed currently.
Has good features, self propelled, blade clutch etc.

Bought from a little old lady's estate sale it sat in her garage for 20 years after her husband died.

check to make sure the float is level when seated against the needle and replace the needle and seat.
their is a mixture adjustment screw atop the carburetor the intial setting is 1-1/2 turn out from seat hope that helps here is picture for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back