Picked Me Up An EGO Blower Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting one of these for a while now and Home Depot has them on sale for $150 w/battery and charger. I have two Maple trees in the front yard that are always dropping buds and pods all over the driveway and it's a hassle to get the corded Toro blower out to clean it. Plus it will make cleaning out the garage alot easier. I also have to get on the roof a couple times a year to clean out the gutters. This should make life alot easier. I'm hoping it has good battery life.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-110...ry-and-Charger-Included-LB5302/206584690

I'm really starting to like battery powered yard stuff. I bought an Milwaukee M18 yard blower just happenstance but it has supplanted my gas powered one totally - haven't fired it off in a year! Believe me you'll love your new blower.

I bought their lawnmower last year. Takes me 45-60 min to mow my lawn and the charge lasts every time. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Looks great. Do you own any other EGO equipment that utilizes the same battery? Are their mowers any good?

I went with a DeWalt 20v blower since I already had a bunch of DeWalt stuff. I also picked up the DeWalt trimmer . Personally don't like having a battery that only works on one tool and can't be used elsewhere. Hopefully your battery lasts for years.

On my DeWalt I've got batteries from 2011 that are still going strong and they've been recharged 100s of times.

I'm not the biggest fan of electric/battery mowers, but I think the battery blowers and trimmers are great. They are perfect for homeowners with a small yard since they are super easy to use and maintain. I work on small engines as a side business, and I can't tell you the number of customers I've had with 2-stroke engine problems on their blowers/trimmers. They go out and buy the biggest Stihl/Husqvarna/Echo they can afford, then it sits most of the year from lack of use, and the carburetor gets all plugged up causing it not to start. For a non-DIYer it can be an expensive repair bill. The battery machines aren't ideal for commercial use, but for many home owners they are just fine.

If cordless can replace the gas powered then I am all for it. Between the hardening of the gas & vent lines, filter in gas tank that is a PIA, E10 fuel issues and mice crewing the gas lines, cordless is the way to go.

I've my EGO blower for 2 or 3 years. It's one of the handiest tools I've ever owned. I use it blow off my porch, patio, garage, and driveway. It has power and battery life to spare. I also use it to blow water off our cars when I wash them. It greatly speeds the drying process.

You're gonna love this thing!

Scott

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Looks great. Do you own any other EGO equipment that utilizes the same battery? Are their mowers any good?
EGO makes a great mower. Mine is awesome. Luv it. No gas fumes down my lungs, quieter too.

I bought a returned Ryobi cordless mower at HD and am well pleased with it. I actually went to buy an EGO, but saw this one for a steal. EGO makes me wish I hand mowed more, they are awesome mowers that are built like a tank. My Ryobi is much lighter and all I use it for is bank mowing and a couple of quick cleanups around flower beds, so it's fine. I mow 5+ acres around my two houses which are on one piece of property, so a tractor does the lions share of grass cutting, but if I ever have to push mow a lot, it'll be with an EGO mower.

Last edited:
I don't think electric is ready to replace my larger lawn equipment (mower, tractor, snowblower) but I do think I'll eventually replace my 2 stroke equipment (trimmer, blower) with electric.

Have you ever mown with an EGO? Not being smart, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. The one I used that belonged to a pal o mine, is more powerful than most of the gas models.

Nice blower! I have an EGO mower and string trimmer that have been great for 2 seasons now. I really wanted to get the blower since it was usually one of the top reviewed models, plus I already had EGO batteries/chargers, but I really wanted one that had a vacuum/mulcher/bag option to suck up leaves in the fall. I ended up getting a 40v Sun Joe, which tied me into another cordless ecosystem, but it's not too bad. The model works great for cleaning leaves around the yard. They often have deals on their website, I bought it for $110 shipped.

https://www.snowjoe.com/products/su...ower-vacuum-mulcher-with-brushless-motor

Originally Posted by bchannell
Have you ever mown with an EGO? Not being smart, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. The one I used that belonged to a pal o mine, is more powerful than most of the gas models.

I have not. I'm sure they're nice mowers, but I'm hoping my mower and tractor live for another 20 years at least. I haven't been too impressed with any electric snowblowers that I've seen.

I was pricing some of the E-blowers out before purchasing my refurbed Hitach gas blower. I think electric would be fine for me since I use them often, but not typically for long run times. My mail-ordered Hitachi only cost me like $80 shipped which is why I went that route and it's a BEAST compared to my old Echo and Homelite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back