Photo editing for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picaso by Google? Picnik, fotoflexer? Something free, decent to work with. I don't want to spend a month. I have photobucket now. Would that be as good as any?
Thanks

What kind of editing specifically?

GIMP is free and has a lot of options, but somehow I get the feeling it may be too much for you.

For basic mass edits (resize, contrast, brightness, etc.), you could try FastStone Photo Resizer.

Paint .Net is decent, too. Have it auto-install for you, along with the latest version of many other great free apps using www.ninite.com Choose what you want to install, download the custom installer, run it, walk away. Very nifty!

I wanted something for basic stuff, like lighten, darken etc. I noticed that photobucket has this stuff. Is it as good as anything that is being mentioned?

Before I posted I went to the free photoshop and was trying to sign up. They wanted to know my URL......Do they mean like URL to Photobucket or something?

I will check out the recommendations. Thanks

I've been using Picasa a lot lately. Does all the basics like red eye, lightening, ect. It's also a good way to view and organize your photos, it saves a lot of time. Plus for $5 a year you can backup 20GB of photos to Google's servers.

Gimp is very powerful.. not too user friendly

paint.net is awsome. probably best for 90% of people.

the built in ones at imageshack/photobucket are ok but not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back