Philly Beat-Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody loves vigilanteism.
whistle.gif

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=6844693

Makes me happy to see there's still good people in this world that aren't afraid to beat the living [censored] out of a rapist. That really made my day. My favorite part was the girl's mother wanting to invite the people involved to a welcome home party.

Nice & not surprised.

My grandmother grew up in Kensington, when it was nice. Now it's a very rough area.

It's a mixed bag. I have no trouble with the Bernard Goetz's form of vigilantism ..and this is surely preferred to a mass of people watching as a rape occurs in the subway in "not getting involved", but the mistaken identity guy could have just as easily gotten killed.

This time it worked out, more or less. This didn't require the courage that preventing crime needs in intervention, where you have unity and consensus of civic responsibility to maintain the society's standards of right and wrong. This only required rage, a "there he is!", and numbers.

..but, that said, I'm glad that the mob caught the scum and left just enough of him functional to stand trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back