PH7575 Filter C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post. Good reading on here. Figured i would contribute with some pics of a PH7575 that was used on Kohler 26HP twin cylinder engine on a MY2006 GS6500 Craftsman Garden Tractor...has 600 hours on it. Got a stash of these filters on clearance for 75 cents at Tractor Supply couple years ago. Have used PH3614 in the past with good results and much cheaper than the Kohler ones you are "supposed" to use.

This filter had about 100 hours of use on it. Owners manual says to change every 50 hours, but after cutting filters open over the years, they look so clean, i figured that running this to 100 hours would not hurt. After cutting this one open, i am now thinking of pushing these to 150 hours or more). The filter media is just so nice and clean and amber. No crud or anything. Keep in mind that this engine gets an oil change with 5W-30 synthetic before winter weather sets in (cranks more easily) for snow plow duty. It then gets another oil change to 10w-30 (usually non-synth) in late spring for mowing. Oil comes out clean and amber every time.

Cut this filter open with an angle grinder with a thin cutting blade, so excuse the grit and shavings from the operation. Nitrile ADBV was nice and flexy, rugged filter element, nice rugged spring. Everything looked good. Enjoy.

CADEC704-550F-41BF-BF14-A802D56B6543.jpeg

9B2291C2-8D8D-4D5B-890B-CE6C961A4AA6.jpeg

4AF2F732-1FE6-4BBA-B7A7-FCD7DCAFF0EA.jpeg

F6EBD29D-52E1-42D2-9549-B95E250F1964.jpeg

It's a FRAM that was made in Mexico. "Oil Filter Studio" backdrop made in USA...! Glad somebody got a chuckle out of that!

Really amazed at how clean the oil is coming out of the Kohler motor. Goes to show that regular oil changes keep the insides clean. I remember changing the oil in my dad's lawnmowers growing up and seeing what looked like coal tar draining (oozing) out. Back then (in late 70s and 80's), i think the oil was changed every 6 years or so.

Agree this one a subbed out Fram, low volume OPE filter. And while it uses a coil compression spring, not enough information for me to say who makes it. Result looks ok to me though.

I use Napa Gold 1348 in a similar Kohler OPE application. Here is the last one I used. From anecdotes, it doesn't appear these OPE engines too tough of OFs. If access permits no reason ime to use the significantly more expensive OPE filters, especially the specific engine brand name. I think the Motorcraft 910S is a good option, currently
Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back