PH30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only difference between the two is the drain back valve which isn't needed if mounted vertically.

Originally Posted By: toby7878
Does anyone know the longer version of the Fram PH30? Its for a 1979 Corvette

Please don't put one of those terrible sloshy wads of cardboard innards on that corvett.

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman

Please don't put one of those terrible sloshy wads of cardboard innards on that corvett.

Must be a new guy with typical fram bias and obviously had no idea.

Save the advice.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Save the advice.

No, I've been sent by God to help some of you find your ways back from insanity from the infliction of fram propaganda.

Get an XG30 instead
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Get an XG30 instead
banana2.gif

Yes that will do much better. Extraguard and toughguard shouldn't be allowed to ride on the coat tails of the ultra like they do. Cardboard (fiber board hahaha, whatever
grin.gif
) and hot pressure driven oil was never a very good idea. Why don't they just shove a marshmallow in there instead lol.

Save the advice.

No, I've been sent by God to help some of you find your ways back from insanity from the infliction of fram propaganda.

Sounds like a reincarnation to me.

Cardboard (fiber board hahaha, whatever
grin.gif
) and hot pressure driven oil was never a very good idea. Why don't they just shove a marshmallow in there instead lol.

But the thing is, never see any instances posted on this chat board where the fiber end cap is detached from the pleats. So it does it's job, biased or not.

Save the advice.

And an obvious problem with spelling.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Cardboard (fiber board hahaha, whatever
grin.gif

But the thing is, never see any instances posted on this chat board where the fiber end cap is detached from the pleats. So it does it's job, biased or not.

I said the ultra is fine so you can't call me bias.

^^^ Biased towards not liking non-metal end caps. But that's OK, lot's of people don't like 'em or don't understand that it can work just fine if done right.

Truly, after much research and observation lately, I think no end cap is better than those cardboard or whatever ones. I saw how easy some of them break and or peel right of after a little use. Seems like if they came loose in use they could cause a major issue and I've read about just that. Also if the gluestayed stuck on the endless side it could leave an opening or rip the media. They should be able to use metalendcaps and more media and still make a profit if the likes of motorcraft and others can for around the same price or less.

Last edited:

I use XG5 filters in place of PH30 all of the time. This is the Ultra version of the PH5, and really not that much more expensive.

Truly, after much research and observation lately, I think no end cap is better than those cardboard or whatever ones. I saw how easy some of them break and or peel right of after a little use. Seems like if they came loose in use they could cause a major issue and I've read about just that.

Actually, I've never seen any reports or photos posted of Fram end caps coming loose. The old SuperTech filters were notorious for the super paper thin end caps to come loose from the pleats.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Get an XG30 instead
banana2.gif

Yes that will do much better. Extraguard and toughguard shouldn't be allowed to ride on the coat tails of the ultra like they do. Cardboard (fiber board hahaha, whatever
grin.gif

Yeah extraguard totally shouldn't ride on the reputation it built.
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back