Petro Canada Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed, too, for our Canadian friends that M1 is going to be $24.88 at WM this week. I'm not even bothering starting a thread in the promotions section, though. It's only for four litres (rather than the normal 4.4 L jug), and my WMs still have a bit of PYB and PP at the previous rollback price in stock.

What did the Duron run you this time? I'm down to my last jug of PYB, then it's time for me to consider my options. And believe me, it's taken all of my willpower to not buy out the stock of PYB at all the Walmarts in town.
wink.gif

The Duron was is $7.06/L in 1L bottles here. I had asked to get the 4x4L case this time but it was on a voice mail so I don't know which they ordered. 4x4 pricing is a bit better per liter.

That's pretty decent, even in 1 L bottle pricing. Heck, some gas stations are in that neighbourhood on conventional PCMO.
wink.gif
I'm looking at you, Husky/Mohawk. In fairness, they're not terribly out to lunch on their HDEOs, though.

Petro-Canada blends many different oils for different applications. I went over their whole lineup a few years back when I discovered that WMCanada synthetic oil was PC SS and got a bunch on closeout.

Originally Posted By: cp3
The Duron was is $7.06/L in 1L bottles here. I had asked to get the 4x4L case this time but it was on a voice mail so I don't know which they ordered. 4x4 pricing is a bit better per liter.

Duron. Excellent choice. I would say the Duron is up there for TBN reserve, it's a heavy duty oil after all. The product appears to be positioned in the same class as Delo 0W30.

The Supreme Synthetic is your run of the mill "light duty" GrIII PCMO. Excellent for cold starts, fuel economy- cleans varnish well in my experience. I wouldn't push the drain on this, any more than I would PP for instance.

Enjoy! It's good stuff

I'll post a UOA soon on PC Duron 0W30 SM. $3.12/qt in 5 gallon pail from local distributor. Should be fine in my gently driven NA Volvo.

Originally Posted By: Sam_Julier
I'll post a UOA soon on PC Duron 0W30 SM. $3.12/qt in 5 gallon pail from local distributor. Should be fine in my gently driven NA Volvo.

shocked.gif

Wow You guys are getting PC oil cheaper than we can get it... What's up with that? That is an excellent price

The place I used to work used Petro Canada on all heavy equipment from 40 tn Cat Trucks, Dozers, Excavators, skid steers, mack trucks etc. Duron 15w40 at 400 hr interval and then 10w40 syn at 700 hr interval.

Ford pickups Petro Canada Supreme 5000 miles (sometimes longer with no problems).

No problems, good analysis results. Engines last longer and are cleaner on teardown compared to Rotella at 200 hr intervals. We ran our equipment for the long haul 15k hour teardowns on cat D6's found wear typical of 10k hours.

I would recommend Petro Canada products if you have access to them.

Originally Posted By: cmlind
The place I used to work used Petro Canada on all heavy equipment from 40 tn Cat Trucks, Dozers, Excavators, skid steers, mack trucks etc. Duron 15w40 at 400 hr interval and then 10w40 syn at 700 hr interval.

Ford pickups Petro Canada Supreme 5000 miles (sometimes longer with no problems).

No problems, good analysis results. Engines last longer and are cleaner on teardown compared to Rotella at 200 hr intervals. We ran our equipment for the long haul 15k hour teardowns on cat D6's found wear typical of 10k hours.

I would recommend Petro Canada products if you have access to them.

Isn't that interesting. Better than rotella typically.
Well I'm pretty sure duron is also meets JASO so if what you are saying is accurate I might just make the jump to duron in the bikes.
Do you know anything about co-op oils,specifically the dmo 0w-40.

Thank you.

[quote
Wow You guys are getting PC oil cheaper than we can get it... What's up with that? That is an excellent price [/quote]

The distributor (Denison Lubricants, denlube.com) pails from 550 gallon totes.

The NYPD used this oil the last time a checked. (A few years ago). At least that's what I saw in the garage at the 115 pct.

Our cars are absolutely abused. Idled all the time and run 24/7. I have only seen one engine fail, and that was because some idiot drove the thing into a huge puddle (read: mini-lake) during a rain storm.

Must be good oil.

Originally Posted By: cp3
Turns out i got the 4x4L and the pricing is $7/L even.

Bit of a derail, but I was on the blower with the Imperial Oil distributor here to check some prices, to see if it would be worth trading in my Delvac 1 on something else, which it wasn't. Delvac 1 is going for around $6.50 a litre here. M1 from them is closer to $9 per litre (in the litre bottles). I didn't ask about 4x4.5L of either M1 or Mobil Super, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back